EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I honestly don't remember, and I seem to recall there was some controversy (meaning not everyone agrees, so YMMV), but it was enough for me to go from wanting to order one to looking up the old fashioned ones instead. (Not that I have bees anyway... yet...) Congrats, and YUM!!!!!!! I gotta try that... Oh, I realize that, I was just helping to clarify why it was forbidden. When my vet offered me Baytril for Dumbledore after his dog attack, I had to sign a paper attesting that he would never enter the food chain. I won't pry , but :hugs for you and her. Oh, wow. Sounds like he got badly injured. :fl Congrats on your white CLs!!! :clap Oh, wow. That's so much scarier looking than I imagined when you texted me. And he's on the wrong side of the fence for catching him. I'd whoop his a**. (Then again, that may be why I'm not married.:lau ) Yeah, it's hard to be staring at them and WILLING them to pip (and keeping your hands off). I have found that it's a lot easier on me to ensure that hatch day is a work day. I like coming home to a 'bator full of chicks (it's also fun to wake up to it). Sometimes if I am home I'll purposely go out in the yard or something to stop staring at them. (Not that that helps very much. :oops: ) OK, I really AM sunburned on my face. A lot. My brain just didn't process the need for the big cowboy hat while doing yard work in February. :he @meltel , sending you virtual Vernors: - Ant Farm
Wow just wow. Hope you're getting some rest now. I'm done. :frow

:frow

My 11 OEGB eggs are officially in lock down. I slowed down turning them late Thursday afternoon. I was seeing a lot of twitchy rocking in a couple of the eggs and about three more wouldn't stay in the position I put them in when I turned them so I gave up. I started keeping the humidity up yesterday and keeping an eye on them. My Brinsea handbook says it's okay to top off the water reservoir as long as you don't do it more frequently than every 6 hours and/or see any pips. Since I didn't see any signs of a pip, I topped it off and checked a couple of eggs for internal pip. None yet so now the waiting begins. 

I did 5 years as an OB nurse. Delivered two babies when the doc didn't get there in time. I've worked with Alzehimers and dementia patients, including my own parents. I've done CPR 3 times, but I tell ya guys. THIS is what I consider real stress! LOL! I even have been listening for peeps with my stethoscope and standing over the incubator yelling PIP BLAST YOU! at the top of my lungs.

There is never any Xanax around when you REALLY need them.
:fl. Go chickies!

Back
Top Bottom