EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Good Morning all.

First off, I did not give JJ vancomycin, @Fire Ant Farm I knew it was a antibiotic of last resort, I did not know the history and why, thanks. The reason I have it here is because it is an antibiotic of last resort, I also knew it was semi specific to certain bacteria and not a good broad spectrum antibiotic.

Had I used it would not have mattered on the food chain, as JJ is a dead end bird if he lives. He will never farther another poult and is not going to be eaten, he will be cremated. He has never laid and egg
lau.gif
. Unless and eagle or coyote gets him and someone eats them it is out of the food chain.

I am thinking he threw a blood clot and has had a stroke. His actions are more like human like a stroke than anything else I have seen. He can lift his rear up but not his front. his head lays on the floor and drools. My Wife the nurse thought he had a broken leg because he could not bear weight on one side. The bones all look good. I have no idea if a turkey has hemispheres in their brain and which side each hemisphere controls.

Either way I am going to give him a day or two in the house. If he does not get better I am going to build a gas chamber and lie him in it. I assume it will take a can or more of either to fill the chamber. I know the ugly connotations of gas chambers. When ever I use one I think of the holocaust and the terrible "showers".

That said I find it the easiest way for me to put down birds and the ,most peaceful way for them. When I buy my case of starting fluid each spring I am sure the guy in the farm store thinks I am nuts. No one needs that much starting fluid.

It will be an act of mercy on my old friend when I lay him in the chamber. I will miss him. But I am not going to dwell on it or bother any of you anymore with it. I am in grieving is all..

@daxigait thanks for asking for my best story about him. I have so many, he truly was a feathered dog to me. The time he went around and around the house trying to figure out how to get inside because he heard us inside and wanted to be with us.

I have a couple pictures of him, I know I am boring some of you, sorry...
Followed by a short video, the video shows his personality. JJ was my secret Service agent protecting me from the young Toms. In the video there are two royal palm toms that want to attack me from behind JJ is keeping them away from me, as he does not allow any thing to attack me.

Actually tow videos, the first is JJ and a rooster trying to fight to be boss, neither one was real bright.
0.jpg

This one is short but it shows JJ trying to drive the "mean" toms away from me.

0.jpg

@kajira I think you missed the whole point of the education your DH was giving your DS on the fence. That is a useful skill for a youngster to have.

Let's say he is at a field party and 3/4 hammered on the beer his friends stole. He tries to evade capture and runs into a cyclone fence, with this skill he gets away scot-free.

Or he is caught in a compromising position by a angry father with a shotgun...again escape is possible.

There are countless other reason like this to learn to climb a cyclone fence. I think you should be thanking your DH instead of bawling him out for this skill he is imparting to your son........

Wakey wakey; y'all
caf.gif
Hello Banti!

AN AMAZING MORNING TO ALL OF MY PEEPS! I HOPE EVERYONE HAS/HAD THE BEST DAY EVER TODAY!!

Hello MC!

Good morning friends
hugs.gif
caf.gif
Hi Mel!

Quote: Good morning to you all
Yummmy!
ant cake??
Hello Benny!

Quote: Good news!

Good morning all!
Hello Heather!

Good Morning all.

First off, I did not give JJ vancomycin, @Fire Ant Farm I knew it was a antibiotic of last resort, I did not know the history and why, thanks. The reason I have it here is because it is an antibiotic of last resort, I also knew it was semi specific to certain bacteria and not a good broad spectrum antibiotic.

Had I used it would not have mattered on the food chain, as JJ is a dead end bird if he lives. He will never farther another poult and is not going to be eaten, he will be cremated. He has never laid and egg
lau.gif
. Unless and eagle or coyote gets him and someone eats them it is out of the food chain.

I am thinking he threw a blood clot and has had a stroke. His actions are more like human like a stroke than anything else I have seen. He can lift his rear up but not his front. his head lays on the floor and drools. My Wife the nurse thought he had a broken leg because he could not bear weight on one side. The bones all look good. I have no idea if a turkey has hemispheres in their brain and which side each hemisphere controls.

Either way I am going to give him a day or two in the house. If he does not get better I am going to build a gas chamber and lie him in it. I assume it will take a can or more of either to fill the chamber. I know the ugly connotations of gas chambers. When ever I use one I think of the holocaust and the terrible "showers".

That said I find it the easiest way for me to put down birds and the ,most peaceful way for them. When I buy my case of starting fluid each spring I am sure the guy in the farm store thinks I am nuts. No one needs that much starting fluid.

It will be an act of mercy on my old friend when I lay him in the chamber. I will miss him. But I am not going to dwell on it or bother any of you anymore with it. I am in grieving is all..

@daxigait thanks for asking for my best story about him. I have so many, he truly was a feathered dog to me. The time he went around and around the house trying to figure out how to get inside because he heard us inside and wanted to be with us.

Followed by a short video, the video shows his personality. JJ was my secret Service agent protecting me from the young Toms. In the video there are two royal palm toms that want to attack me from behind JJ is keeping them away from me, as he does not allow any thing to attack me.

Actually tow videos, the first is JJ and a rooster trying to fight to be boss, neither one was real bright.
0.jpg

0.jpg
He's a good looking guy.

Good Morning all.

lau.gif

0.jpg

0.jpg
Such a handsome turkey
hugs.gif
I'm sorry Ralphie
hit.gif
It doesn't matter what your pet is-it's still your pet. I had to put down one of my first seramas yesterday-I have been trying to perk her up for a couple weeks. I thought it works but no such luck. It stunk
hit.gif

Ralphie, you're not boring anyone... We all have those special birds, and nobody minds a bit of remembering old times with those feathered critters that softened our hearts. :hugs

I hope he passes peacefully.

Good Morning all. First off, I did not give JJ vancomycin, @Fire Ant Farm I knew it was a antibiotic of last resort, I did not know the history and why, thanks. The reason I have it here is because it is an antibiotic of last resort, I also knew it was semi specific to certain bacteria and not a good broad spectrum antibiotic. Had I used it would not have mattered on the food chain, as JJ is a dead end bird if he lives. He will never farther another poult and is not going to be eaten, he will be cremated. He has never laid and egg :lau . Unless and eagle or coyote gets him and someone eats them it is out of the food chain. I am thinking he threw a blood clot and has had a stroke. His actions are more like human like a stroke than anything else I have seen. He can lift his rear up but not his front. his head lays on the floor and drools. My Wife the nurse thought he had a broken leg because he could not bear weight on one side. The bones all look good. I have no idea if a turkey has hemispheres in their brain and which side each hemisphere controls. Either way I am going to give him a day or two in the house. If he does not get better I am going to build a gas chamber and lie him in it. I assume it will take a can or more of either to fill the chamber. I know the ugly connotations of gas chambers. When ever I use one I think of the holocaust and the terrible "showers". That said I find it the easiest way for me to put down birds and the ,most peaceful way for them. When I buy my case of starting fluid each spring I am sure the guy in the farm store thinks I am nuts. No one needs that much starting fluid. It will be an act of mercy on my old friend when I lay him in the chamber. I will miss him. But I am not going to dwell on it or bother any of you anymore with it. I am in grieving is all.. @daxigait thanks for asking for my best story about him. I have so many, he truly was a feathered dog to me. The time he went around and around the house trying to figure out how to get inside because he heard us inside and wanted to be with us. I have a couple pictures of him, I know I am boring some of you, sorry... Followed by a short video, the video shows his personality. JJ was my secret Service agent protecting me from the young Toms. In the video there are two royal palm toms that want to attack me from behind JJ is keeping them away from me, as he does not allow any thing to attack me. Actually tow videos, the first is JJ and a rooster trying to fight to be boss, neither one was real bright. This one is short but it shows JJ trying to drive the "mean" toms away from me.
I'm sorry about you bird. :hugs. He sounds like a real sweetheart.

Back
Top Bottom