EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Good morning everybody. Lots of appointments today.
th.gif
Hope everyone has a great day.
hugs.gif

Hope they go well!
fl.gif

Morning all.

I woke up this morning to two external pips and a lot of cheeping going on.
wee.gif
I was up at 2AM and heard my first soft peeps.

The humidity is holding this morning at 67%. I'm hoping it will nudge up a bit if and when one of the two that are pipped, zip for me.

Now the waiting for a zip beings.

As for the cloud of flies. BIG bug zapper.
Super! That's the best way to wake up!!!!
jumpy.gif

Guess what! My ducks are at full production!!!!!
wee.gif
yesss.gif
The only problem, I'd never be able to set all their eggs. Hmmmmm

Today's eggs.

Congrats!!! Looking good!
Good morning everyone. I have the day off.
yesss.gif
Awesome! I wish I had the day off...
hmm.png

Also - Dumb question, but my cat, who's always been notoriously chunky, has lost a ton of weight in the last 3 months. He seems okay, but should I take him in and get some blood work done, to make sure he's okay?

He's double digits this year, so I know he's getting up there in age.
I'd take him in. Could be a lot of things, some fixable, some not...

Quote: I got a catalog the other day for fly predators.... Lots of options.

Quote:
hugs.gif

Lost a keet
sad.png
looks like they all went to the cooler side last night and then instead of going back to the light when they got cold they just piled in a corner.
hmm.png
Aw, I'm sorry. I try to remember to check on them at bedtime because I've seen groups of chicks do this before (though never lost one because of it). (I don't always remember to check.
hide.gif
)

Thanks! That hit the spot!!!!
hugs.gif

- Ant Farm

Only thing I've ever found to keep them at bay (other than bug spray, which loses effectiveness & is a pain to lug around) is tobacco smoke. Can't tolerate insects in my face,so I started smoking a pipe somewhere around '64 to keep them away. No clue what I'll have to do now that I've had to quit. I've heard that dryer strips hanging from a hat band work pretty well, haven't tried them.

A hat. Preferably with a piece of double sided duck tape to catch them on. The deerflies around here go for your head alone.... If you're talking those x-large horse flies that sound like bombers and have bites bad enough to make kids run inside near crying, then that won't work.

That's because she has terrible taste in names.

Do not.
Internet is up again. Anyone still need coffee? Maybe a second cup?

Thanks, and good morning Most Wonderful And Amazing Abi :frow

Last edited:
Hope they go well! :fl
Super! That's the best way to wake up!!!! :jumpy

Congrats!!! Looking good! 
Awesome! I wish I had the day off... :/

I'd take him in. Could be a lot of things, some fixable, some not... 

I got a catalog the other day for fly predators.... Lots of options.

:hugs

Aw, I'm sorry. I try to remember to check on them at bedtime because I've seen groups of chicks do this before (though never lost one because of it). (I don't always remember to check.:oops: )

Thanks! That hit the spot!!!! :hugs

- Ant Farm 

Thanks. Now I'll have more eggs than I'll know what to do with.

Yeah. I checked on them last night before I went to bed and they were fine :( At least it wasn't the lavender.

Hi Kristin
frow.gif
frow.gif

Quote:
Are they under a heat lamp with light? That's an advantage of a heat plate or MHP - at dark they "go to bed" in the warm place and stay there. I just check that they're in the right spot when it starts to get dark (vs. huddled together away from the MHP), and once under MHP they don't generally walk around again in the dark. But there's always something - they manage to get themselves in trouble sometimes no matter what you. do.
hugs.gif

- Ant Farm

Back
Top Bottom