EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Just sold my first live birds ever!! A dozen barnyard mix for $6.00. Buyer has not had chickens for awhile and had a couple young kids with her......a good life is now a great life:D:D:woot
yesss.gif
thats cheap even for mix! wow!

Last chick just hatched! 11/11, a 100% hatch. Baby is getting a chance to dry off in the incubator and then it will go to the brooder with the others. The 3 chicks that hatched yesterday have started nibbling at food and stood in my hand to eat. They aren't showing much interest in the water yet but we are working on that.

Thus concludes my first hatching! Thanks everyone for your patience when I asked questions.

Think I'll take a nap.
caf.gif
sweet!!!!!! so awesome!!!!!!!! glad to have you with us!! pics later!!

Buenas Tardes gente loca de pollo!
D.gif

Soooo, LOL.....
I have to confess, as crazy as I am about incubating, this is my 2nd go round, I still believe I prefer a broody hen to do all the work.
jumpy.gif

Any whoot, So I did something crazy and it may, or may not, work.
hu.gif
I had already place eggs in the incubator while awaiting my eggs to arrive, not thinking like a dummy of course, well, when my eggs arrived, I did candle the ones in the bator and purged the ones that seemed less likely to develop. BUT then I had a crazy idea, and placed all the small banty eggs ontop of the new, larger eggs with the pointy end down, kind of inbetween the eggs.
hide.gif
They are turning, but because they are super small banty eggs, and 2 pheasant eggs, they are doing good so far. Has anyone else tried this? If so, how did it work out?

I also will be borrowing my girlfriends bator to hatch out in since these eggs are 1 week ahead of the new bigger eggs set.
clap.gif
lol you make me smile!!! Go babies go!!!

Last chick just hatched! 11/11, a 100% hatch. Baby is getting a chance to dry off in the incubator and then it will go to the brooder with the others. The 3 chicks that hatched yesterday have started nibbling at food and stood in my hand to eat. They aren't showing much interest in the water yet but we are working on that.

Thus concludes my first hatching! Thanks everyone for your patience when I asked questions.

Think I'll take a nap.:caf

You go girl!!!! Incredible!!! :bow
What's your secret? :pop

:hugs :love :hugs :love :hugs :love   backatcha Whites

sorry about that hatch, any clues what happened?

awwww you got this!!! 

good luck let us know how its going!!!
you know this time, I think you should be strong, traveling sounds like a fantastic idea for you!!!  SEND BANTI SWEETS ALL EGGS!!!  ha ha ha

HEY NOW!! If youse gonna do that you gotta send bantisweets all the feed too, eh?? :lau

:yesss:    thats cheap even for mix! wow!

sweet!!!!!! so awesome!!!!!!!!  glad to have you with us!!     pics later!!

lol you make me smile!!!  Go babies go!!! 

I can't even GIVE mutts away here, tried both day old and started and both sat unnoticed til the ad expired.

Back
Top Bottom