EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I just mailed/shipped 15 chicks to a person out west. It only cost $42 for shipping, padding and boxes.

I was amazed at the fees.

Considering how poorly we do with shipped eggs hatching. It costs $25 with packing boxes and sleeves to send a dozen eggs. If you get 50% on the hatch you do well.

If the eggs are $40  a dozen  (my legbar egg price) it comes to apx $10.85 a chick.

If you buy 6 chicks at $15 each.  Of course they get a portion of the shipping fees added on to them.  Just seems more reliable to me. 

Have any others of you tried shipping chicks? I was surprised how smooth it went.

I haven't, but I'm gearing up to try.

I just mailed/shipped 15 chicks to a person out west. It only cost $42 for shipping, padding and boxes.

I was amazed at the fees.

Considering how poorly we do with shipped eggs hatching. It costs $25 with packing boxes and sleeves to send a dozen eggs. If you get 50% on the hatch you do well.

If the eggs are $40  a dozen  (my legbar egg price) it comes to apx $10.85 a chick.

If you buy 6 chicks at $15 each.  Of course they get a portion of the shipping fees added on to them.  Just seems more reliable to me. 

Have any others of you tried shipping chicks? I was surprised how smooth it went.

I've had a hen shipped to me. $45 she was no worse for the wear. Took right to eating.

a frizzle crossed with a NN is called a "Mutt".
Beat me to it.
goodpost.gif

Back
Top Bottom