EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Oh good grief. :he

Actually yes, temporarily - went to medical school at Hopkins, so for the first year I lived right there in the dorm. Gunfire at night and everything. Rented apartments after that and then a house in the end - my last year I lived in a house one block from Pimlico - VERY cool!

Somehow, I am thinking the gunfire wasn't for deer hunting like it always is around here. :/

Oh good grief. :he

Actually yes, temporarily - went to medical school at Hopkins, so for the first year I lived right there in the dorm. Gunfire at night and everything. Rented apartments after that and then a house in the end - my last year I lived in a house one block from Pimlico - VERY cool!

Wife says she doesn't want to be a surrogate hen again. :gig

Most of those people have never seen a deer. Imagine the most squalid, depressing place you've ever seen or heard of, then multiply it by a factor of 10, and you'll be close...to inner-city Baltimore, or D.C. or Chicago, or NYC, or a hundred other places just as bad.

That sounds like living there would an existence, not a life...

I'd go mad living in places 1/3 that terrible.

You're exactly right, and not much of an existence, at that. Seeing firsthand the way some of those folks "live" gives a person a whole 'nuther level of appreciation for what they've been blessed with.

You've got that right.

Makes me thank the Lord more each day for the privilege of living rural.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom