EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I am doing better thank you, kiddo is improved but not near 100% Guess what I got! Brinsea 56 advanced WHOOT WHOOT!!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE, I had to put in a pretty penny to get this sucker, My Dad helped with early 50th Bday CASH..... I tossed it around for some time, I really didnt want any of their chickens:oops: and I really wanted to try a auto turner. AND I HAVE NO EGGS TO SET!!! SEND ME EGGS
lau.gif
!!!! SO I CAN SET all EGGS!!! its Killing me sitting here looking at it do nothin!!!
2364435630886183850%253Faccount_id%253D2
THAnk you all!!! AND @MyPetChicken too tHANKS alex!!
If I had any breeds you liked I would send them, but I just have EE eggs right now. Congratulations on the fancy Bator.

It was great! 15 chicks, 7 dead eggs. Chickat's project dozen hatched 9/12, 7 of those being isabel. All of my of cochin eggs hatched, no clue what color they'll be. And the CCLxEE eggs hatched black, which we traced back to the great grandma on the EE side (black amerecauna).

Isabel colored chicks from the project eggs

Split to isabel chicks from project eggs

Most of the quitters were blue eggs that didn't lose enough weight.
love isabelles!! so glad you got them!!

Quote: Thanks Dax! its so cool too!! but HUGE! your awesome hugs Dax

Sally you want some of Mr. Handsome's babies?
lol.png
I've got honas I can send, or mutt EEs. Or some of the eggs from chickat's pretty project birds.
love.gif
No Campin, you make money off your babies love, I am good! you need to do what you gotta to keep running that place so awesome! But thank you!! kisses to the kiddos! I think I will look on FB local sites.

dont laugh, yes I have kitchen kids....

I rigged this XL kennel Saturday.... makes life much easier to clean up poo and pee
lau.gif

yeah I am nuts, but I will have everyone know, THEY ARE NOT IN MY HOUSE BY ME! He thinks they are way too little to be out alone! Thats my story and I will stick to it! Besides Im the one feeding and cleaning up the kitchen after they romp and stuff. Believe it or not, they go into the kennel to go pee, thats a plus!

1749387635087252267%253Faccount_id%253D2

8837335658595410622%253Faccount_id%253D2

I have to tell a story....

Summers boyfriend asked why they have big black eyes lmao goober city folk​

lil beggers
1841991122032374243%253Faccount_id%253D2
5002877191536783437%253Faccount_id%253D2

I am doing better thank you, kiddo is improved but not near 100%

Guess what I got! Brinsea 56 advanced WHOOT WHOOT!!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE, I had to put in a pretty penny to get this sucker, My Dad helped with early 50th Bday CASH..... I tossed it around for some time, I really didnt want any of their chickens
hide.gif
and I really wanted to try a auto turner.

AND I HAVE NO EGGS TO SET!!!
SEND ME EGGS
lau.gif
!!!!
SO I CAN SET all EGGS!!!
its Killing me sitting here looking at it do nothin!!!

2364435630886183850%253Faccount_id%253D2
THAnk you all!!! AND @MyPetChicken too tHANKS alex!!
That was an excellent choice.

lol and I hate sleeping in anything above 70 I like a cool bedroom, I dont think I could make it unless I sleep in a pool! Guess I should stay north eh?
Many years ago I installed programmable thermostats with 4 daily periods 7 days a week both upstairs and down.
It saves a ton in winter when we drop the temp to 62 at night and only heat for an hour in the morning when getting going and again for a few hours in the evening.
It doesn't save as much in the summer when we still need it cool at night.

I need help, I need to get hinges for a gate we made for the dogs but I want the small gate to open either way, what are those types of hinges called? Majority are packaged at lowes and he said he couldnt tell what was what so I figured I would look online, although I dont know what I am looking for, gate not heavy just thin skid boards. These hinges only open one direct and it annoys me to no end because I cant remember to pull or push!!

4728842998747953659%253Faccount_id%253D2

Pivot hinge.
You can accomplish the same thing with some regular hinges depending on which surface the wall side is mounted on.

Last edited:
It was great! 15 chicks, 7 dead eggs. Chickat's project dozen hatched 9/12, 7 of those being isabel. All of my of cochin eggs hatched, no clue what color they'll be. And the CCLxEE eggs hatched black, which we traced back to the great grandma on the EE side (black amerecauna). Isabel colored chicks from the project eggs Split to isabel chicks from project eggs Most of the quitters were blue eggs that didn't lose enough weight.
love isabelles!! so glad you got them!!
They're 1/4 legbar. She's working on a lavender crele, so I hatched these for her. I'll keep whatever she doesn't want back for her next step in the process.

That was an excellent choice.

Quote: thanks and Hello Paddler! Unfortunately we only use coal, typically turned lower at night and when he leaves at 530 he will stoke it and throw more heat, and then later morning I will turn it down a bit. Been using coal since I was 27 so fairly used to how to burn it, but man it takes some learning for sure.

Back
Top Bottom