EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Before I head to bed since I have to be up at three I thought I would update you guys on Guy (ChickenCanoe).
He is okay, just busy. He said the sight was down, then his computer, and then between predator issues, family and friend health emergencies and the resulting time he is spending helping them, a rooster with bumblefoot, his son being in a wreck (car totaled but ok), working on his truck ball bearings next, etc., plus the hassle of figuring out the new platform....
He said hello!
@Akrnaf2

Y'all get chloroformed?

Nope - after work I had a lot of chicken chores, and I had to spray paint a bunch of step-in fence posts green so they could dry overnight. Need to set up more paddocks this weekend. HATE HATE HATE the way the white posts look strewn all over the yard, found a nice dark green spray paint to use.

(Then I had to look up how to get spray paint off your hands. Used castor oil, worked fine. I have it in my hair, though. I think I'll worry about that later.)

Oh, and I got my first two pullet eggs from this year's NN hatchlings - I forgot how CUTE pullet eggs are! Of course, that means I should probably give them oyster shell and put in some nest boxes tomorrow. :oops:

I'm BEAT. Need to lock up the young ones in a bit - this weekend I'll also be putting in automatic doors for them. Then dinner. Then collapse. Up tomorrow, lather, rinse, repeat.

- Ant Farm

Before I head to bed since I have to be up at three I thought I would update you guys on Guy (ChickenCanoe).
He is okay, just busy. He said the sight was down, then his computer, and then between predator issues, family and friend health emergencies and the resulting time he is spending helping them, a rooster with bumblefoot, his son being in a wreck (car totaled but ok), working on his truck ball bearings next, etc., plus the hassle of figuring out the new platform....
He said hello!
@Akrnaf2

If you talk to him again, please tell him hello and hugs from me! :frow:hugs

I do suffer, my wife is the heir Apparent to wicked witch, in addition to her being lesser German and Scandinavian...How much more suffering do I deserve?
Imagine her name was "Donald "?

Attachments

• Donald_Duck.svg.png
    Donald_Duck.svg.png
    111 KB · Views: 0
He said hello!
@Akrnaf2
Thake you for updating!
Tell him please, that I miss his educational posts!

With my consciousness waning, I've been looking up recipes for chicken gizzards. Think I'm gonna boil 'em until tender, then fry them. Anyone have recipes/suggestions?

(I'm also thinking of making schmalz this weekend. And gravelax is also on the list. lots of cooking to do...)

Back
Top Bottom