EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I made a pop door so I can lock them in or out as needed

4240947843923891951%253Faccount_id%253D2

oh and its a used shed I got dirt cheap delivered for free

so I split half and half with tall knee wall
other side will be hay storage,
Had to add ventilation and screw the siding on as it was just commercially stapled.
other than that good deal
6651137349423678297%253Faccount_id%253D2
Looks great :thumbsup

Roof trusses are going up on the big coop of mine. I'm still aiming to finish before winter.

They use to solder them with lead when they were tin. When the pull rings came, they littered the parking lots along with the bottle tops. Some used to call the pull rings (Polish Wedding Rings)REAL GLASS wiith metal bottle tops were more popular for soda/colas though. Beer was mostly in the soldered cans.
We as kids would search along road sides and just about anywhere looking for the bottle empties to cash them in for $$$$. Most vending machines had the pull out bottles where you open the rectangle glass door and remove your bottle after you deposit your change.
I have a treat for you Ron...
This is DH's toy in the Barn/shop..
View attachment 1167562 View attachment 1167563 View attachment 1167564 View attachment 1167566 View attachment 1167565
fully functional.. ice cold and coin operation still works. It holds now-a-days, water bottles, long neck beer bottles and classic styles soda/cola from the supermarket.
Currently the wracks have been removed and it is packed to the hilt with eggs since our sales dropped and the refer is too full too hold anymore.
Back in the day when hub was building engines and cars, his buddies would always hang out and suck down all of his brews. He set the machine meter to 50 cents to keep the beer moochers from not pitching in.
A little dusty but in excellent shape.

Remember when all the little jiffy store parking spaces had bottle tops pressed into the asphalt by cars running them over? The simple days... I miss those days but not the lead.. @ronott1
My Grandma had one of those!

We were allowed to open it and take a bottle without putting in change. It was great!

Fun memories

Back
Top Bottom