EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I would run it to downtown St Paul and sell it as Balut....
200.gif
200w.gif

200.gif

200.gif

Yuk you missed my posts about my expensive new one!!

First off, after two incubations not even hatches the fan went, now I finally hatched in it, and ughhh, it doesnt hold humidity AT ALL, the LCD screen is old school and so small my kid has trouble reading it, and look at this crap below!! all that duckling dander went BETWEEN the plastic double lid!!! so I had to take out all those screws to attempt to clean it, sanitizing that sucker is not happening, all the fan and parts in the middle covered with dander.

View attachment 1173808 View attachment 1173809
That is not a new problem. The Octagon 40 I have is terrible for getting fuzzy in it. I could not imaging hatching ducklings in it. I use the brinsea for incubating and I have two Genesis incubators for hatching.

It is sad that incubators are as expensive as they are

What The Heck Is A Vaulted Skull?
A vaulted skull is a hole or unclosed portion of bone in the top portion of a silkie or Polish chickens head.
Like the fontanels of a human baby, the skull of crested fowls has openings. These are supposed to fuse in the normal way and usually do. However, this does not always occur and the result is exposure of the cerebellum (brain). Subsequently, a bird’s brain space remains venerable to the environment. Certain bloodlines seem more predisposed to cerebral hernia, whereas other are seldom affected. Unsurprisingly, it is rare in adult birds, as their skulls have had the time to grow and fuse over.
upload_2017-10-30_11-9-20.jpeg

upload_2017-10-30_10-57-58.jpeg

upload_2017-10-30_11-1-12.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom