EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

In domestication of animals the HUMAN are the one that found themselves stuck in houses, working from sunrise to sundown in the fields in back breaking works to cultivate the plants and animals instead of traveling light and free, killing a mamuth once or twice a year and having fun all the rest of the time, while the cultivated plants and animals became MUCH MUCH more numerous then their wild ancestors! The red jungle fowl would never get to be 19 billions as chicken are! So in practical point of view the animals and plant domesticated US! Not my Idea but the Idea of professor Noah Harari
Read this
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapiens:_A_Brief_History_of_Humankind
Didn't I just say that in half as many words? :lau
What's up, Mr. Benny?

@BantyChooks I hope you are doing well. I thought of you this weekend when for the first time I decided to wear my father's coat. It just hangs covered in my cedar closet. I decided to wear it at least once to church. I did decide if I ever wear it again it had better be below zero with me in a tee shirt. It is real hand Indian artwork and fur.
IMG_20180116_155713.jpg
IMG_20180116_155804.jpg

@BantyChooks I hope you are doing well. I thought of you this weekend when for the first time I decided to wear my father's coat. It just hangs covered in my cedar closet. I decided to wear it at least once to church. I did decide if I ever wear it again it had better be below zero with me in a tee shirt. It is real hand Indian artwork and fur.
View attachment 1238233 View attachment 1238234
Is it worth a lot of money?

I have no idea. I doubt it. Old furs (late 1950's) don't really seem to be valued. It has sentimental value though.
I read an article about a guy that had an old navajo blanket. It was from the 1800s tough so not the same. It went for over 4 million

Hi Benny!!! Good morning everyone!!!

I'm alive and well!! I'm at least 50 miles from all the mudslides going on out here. You get 5 inches of rain in a couple of hours on burned hillsides and it doesn't work out that well. How is everyone handling the deep freezes around the country? Snow in FL?

On the hatching front.....I had JUST gotten rid of all but 1 rooster (who still needs to go), and I had taken a break from hatching. But orrpeople sent me some eggs from the birds I had shipped up to her. I hatched most of them in the incubator, but gave all the chicks to my broody Frilkie. She only successfully hatched 1. The 2 zipping ones she kicked out from under her, I helped hatch. The rest hatched inside. 12 chicks total. I will continue to HATCH inside, but I don't think I will EVER brood inside again. Broody hen brooding is AWESOME!!!
:frow

Back
Top Bottom