EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

He is not amused. :lau
26814496_1819447171422140_4054145305255944064_n.jpg

he's very pretty, and moves similarly to my morgan
though if i was riding my horse near him she would be trying to get frisky

that is a very dangerous thing that they did, he is young and looks like he was run off from his herd and probably looking to start his own and ready to fight

they also see dogs as wolves and will very easily kill them

Back from the US. The rooster is dead, which is awesome because now I can work on making the birds healthy before I consider replacing him with a friendlier roo or anything. Our soon-to-be neighbor is having to sell some of his birds and he raises show birds (I'm currently eyeing his Silkie and a few of his Marans) so I can check out his roosters he has and ask him if he has one that's a good boyfriend to his hens.

Got new soap molds while in the US and some nice fragrances. I got inspired by @Akrnaf2 and the amazing soaping and beauty traditions in the Middle East to make a Dead Sea Clay soap with laurel berry oil like in Aleppo soap. Need a name for it though, so any thoughts are appreciated! Also working on a Valentine's Day soap with lavender essential oil; the design will be really simple, only a white background with a single blush pink heart. Just SO much exciting stuff in store!

Baby is doing great and the whole family is so much more relaxed and happy after our visit to Texas. My mom and I finally got Honeybee established in a routine and he's much better now that he's recovered and adjusted to everything. He got spoiled rotten by his grandparents and had lots of new clothes and toys to bring home! Having him in a routine means I can schedule housework, blogging, soaping, and cooking around his naps and the routine finally got him sleeping long stretches at night. He almost sleeps through the whole night now! I'm actually able to get enough rest to feel good during the day again.

While we were gone, my father in law and all our contractor friends demolished Opa's house so we begin prepping to pour the slab as soon as everyone finishes carting off the debris. We're still working out design details for the rooms; I originally wanted to have the same materials throughout the house to make everything cohesive, but now I'm making changes based on certain rooms and their needs. For example, we have a white wood finish on the cabinets with a dark stone-finish Dekton countertop and wood-finish ceramic tiles on the whole ground floor. However, I figured out that if I paired that with the off-white tile walls we're putting in the bathroom (the WHOLE room is tiled) it'll end up looking too surgical. Instead, we're replacing the white wood finish with a high gloss white and the dark countertop with a blonde wood finish (like what we have in the nursery now). As for the bedrooms, I'm feeling white and espresso brown but we'll see when we go and pick finishes. It's exciting building our very first house, and I'm sure Honeybee will have many fond memories there with the dogs and his eventual brother or sister!
:hugs glad that progress is underway! Good luck!!!

View attachment 1237805 View attachment 1237806 View attachment 1237807 View attachment 1237808

Little Zelda is doing great (aside from being lonely!). She's up running around and jumping and crazy! Hard to believe, I really didn't even know if she was alive when I found the egg covered in ants. It took a while for her to actually even move after I got her out of the shell. View attachment 1237805

Not pretty, but they worked! View attachment 1237807

Straight toes! :)
View attachment 1237808
Nice Save!!!! and super cute!

Ken - we have snow heading our way tonight! I hope we get a snow day out of it!
LOL, no school here for us today!

what a great story, except for the part that his family wanted to sue him

View attachment 1238665 Good morning from the snowy Deep South!

Brrr... snow day for us!

Chickens won’t come out to investigate the snow yet. Funny!

View attachment 1238664
Pretty!!!

View attachment 1238668 One lone chicken ventured out and she’s alternating holding her feet up
LOL

Did you ever been in a situation that stupid, not logic and ununderstandble bureaucracy disturbed you from working and do your job, and made you thinking of leaving everything and sending all of them to hell? Well I am 5 minutes from that point.......
:hugs

Hey y’all! I just wanted to pop in and say hi! I have my first ever batch of eggs in the incubator on day 4. I’m so excited, but I’m also nervous that I’m going to mess things up. I have 14 mutt eggs from my own flock. I hope my rooster has been doing his job!

Welcome! Weren't you the one with the chick that had a crushed shell? Good luck with incubation, and don't hesitate to jump in whenever and ask a question. Sometimes we talk everything but chicken here ( :oops:) but there's still plenty of experts that'll respond.

Hey y’all! I just wanted to pop in and say hi! I have my first ever batch of eggs in the incubator on day 4. I’m so excited, but I’m also nervous that I’m going to mess things up. I have 14 mutt eggs from my own flock. I hope my rooster has been doing his job!
You might be able to see some veins today

Egg Embryo Development Day 4 to 5.jpg

Welcome! Weren't you the one with the chick that had a crushed shell? Good luck with incubation, and don't hesitate to jump in whenever and ask a question. Sometimes we talk everything but chicken here ( :oops:) but there's still plenty of experts that'll respond.
Haha yes! Great memory! Thank you. Y’all seem like a cool bunch of people ;) I’m really excited to hatch with you!

All of my eggs are brown and blue. Do you think I still could see veins? If so, I’m definitely going to candle :D
You should unless you have marans eggs. Blue is usually ok but green can be harder to see into because of the brown coating(egg shell is either blue or white. Brown and green come for coating the egg shell with brown)

Back
Top Bottom