EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

@Akrnaf2

This is the oak burl I got from neighbors. It cost 4 ink pens. 2 for the owner and 2 for the guys that helped me get it here. It’s 3 feet long
DF32CA6F-E592-4992-B159-993DD2CE5B71.jpeg

@Akrnaf2

This is the oak burl I got from neighbors. It cost 4 ink pens. 2 for the owner and 2 for the guys that helped me get it here. It’s 3 feet longView attachment 2352526
It will make some WONDERFUL scales!
This are basically "tree tumors " cussed by a genus of bacteria called Agrobacterium. Normally the growth is irregular cussing a Swirling effect in the wood.
Do you have any way saw this thing?

It will make some WONDERFUL scales!
This are basically "tree tumors " cussed by a genus of bacteria called Agrobacterium. Normally the growth is irregular cussing a Swirling effect in the wood.
Do you have any way saw this thing?
Yes my neighbor had large enough chain saw. He cut it into manageable sizes for me.

The NPIP tester will be here at 9 AM to blood test my birds. My adult numbers are way down so as far as that goes it should be easy to catch all the adults.
The issue I'm concerned about is that the 3 broody hens have 13 chicks less than a week old that may get trampled when all hell breaks loose.
I may get a ladder out and black out the dormer windows.
I hope this went well and you didn't lose any chicks.

well, I hope you guys are all well. my step repair seems to be holding for now it's just a bit higher than it used to be, because I used hardware cloth to reinforce the hole and cracks. definitely cheaper than the salesman who seem to think I should just buy new steps.

the one with all the babies laying on the thing it would have to be cropped but you could write over top of most of their heads and then address and website underneath
,@BullChick

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom