EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

ChickenCanoe

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Nov 23, 2010
St. Louis, MO
My DH and I are just going to go to the polls on Tuesday to do it. It's easy here. There's rarely a line at all when we go in and the few workers there are our neighbors.
I wish that were the case here.
We were planning on enduring the line on election day when I procrastinated to the point of not getting the mail-in ballots in time. Plus with our mail, I wasn't convinced that would work.
When lines for early voting at the board of election commissioners were hours long, they opened 4 county satellite polling places. Luckily one was about 5 minutes or so from our house. It took us about 45 minutes.
A friend who had a hip replacement a week ago ordered a mail in ballot before her surgery. It still hasn't arrived and now they say it is too late to mail them. I'm going to take her to the city polling place tomorrow. Hopefully she won't have to stand too long. Maybe we'll bring a chair for her.
After a quarter of a millennium, I think it is time to lose the electoral college.
It made sense in the 1700s. It no longer does.
In every other election (other than the presidential), it is one person, one vote. Same in every other country in the world.

Sally Sunshine

cattywampus
Premium Feather Member
Aug 23, 2012
PA
View attachment 2389904 . Screenshot...Ha ha..a car ins and.. wouldn't ya know!? But yeah, it's pretty low..it was, I'm now taking a prescription of potassium. Friday, off to my doc. They tried to schedule me for tomorrow..I said I'm going to the Dr first. Nothing more they can do for my heart. They don't dare go in again because it could do more harm than good..at least that's what I was told back in the first part of the 2000. Hey, did you get my order? I'm excited. :)
yeppers it shipped the next day! Thank u!!! I hope this helps!!

Sally Sunshine

cattywampus
Premium Feather Member
Aug 23, 2012
PA
I'm quite concerned about mail.
I have to mail chicks to California on Sunday.
Every news station I watched yesterday and today said it is too late to mail in election ballots because they might not get there in time to be counted. :eek: Six days isn't enough time :eek:
What will that do to my chicks?
The reports said that right now some states have rates as low as 70% of mail arriving on time. Mostly swing states.
good luck with that. My blood draws from herd are still lost in CA it's been 3 weeks. I did have po put return to sender on it if they find it. Nothing like having to catch goats and draw again. I'm making xmas gift baskets this weekend for preorder and going to suggest they have them sent out b4 dec. Horrible. I will use fed. X and ups as much as I can.

Sally Sunshine

cattywampus
Premium Feather Member
Aug 23, 2012
PA
I mailed in. And then I had gotten 3 more mail in my name!! I am not even going to begin.

Rain rain rain today. Baby tea is putting all the pillows from couch in dog kennel and i assume she wants a nappy lol

Top Bottom