EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Just joined BYC tonight and have a candling questions. I just candled an egg at day 14 and didn't see antique movement. How can I tell if I lost the chick? Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place still trying to figure out what I'm doing

Welcome!!

Don't ever toss an egg just because it isn't moving; they rest sometimes. Are veins clearly visible?

Last edited:
Honestly I don't recall i saw so much movement last time I looked my heart sank when I saw none. Should I check or just leave it alone. My daughter is 6 and just joined 4H this year as a cloverbud so we have candled it about 5 times mostly so she can see what is going on. I have kind of gotten attached to the little guy

Last edited:
Honestly I don't recall i saw so much movement last time I looked my heart sank when I saw none. Should I check or just leave it alone. My daughter is 6 and just joined 4H this year as a cloverbud so we have candled it about 5 times mostly so she can see what is going on. I have kind of gotten attached to the little guy
Unless it is leaking or stinking I would leave it in there.

Do you only have one egg set?

If an egg is dead, veins will recede and it'l look murky. Any chance you could get pics?

Post #2 has a load of candling pics linked....

Thanks. Don't be scared, thinking like me happens sometimes
tongue.png
Hopefully will get some more eggs off you in the spring.
Thanks.

As long as I'm thinking like you, I'm going to run with it!
Yes, you need to hatch more girls!

As long as I'm thinking like you, I'm going to run with it!
Yes, you need to hatch more girls!
Ya know how they warn you not to run with scissors? Yea that's usually what people say when they think like me.
I'm hopeing the two boys continue to get along. Might have to turn one of them loose with the big girls if they don't behave.

Back
Top Bottom