EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Please Help I'm not sure what to do! This duck seems stuck it's breathing and I can see it looking at me but when you look in the shell it looks like a giant blood clot surrounding it. I'm scared to peel the shell because I don't want it to bleed...is it ok if I just leave it until say the morning as long it can breatheView attachment 1320601

Please Help I'm not sure what to do! This duck seems stuck it's breathing and I can see it looking at me but when you look in the shell it looks like a giant blood clot surrounding it. I'm scared to peel the shell because I don't want it to bleed...is it ok if I just leave it until say the morning as long it can breatheView attachment 1320601

If you want, you can peel the outer shell off more and see if the inner membrane is stuck to the bird. If that's the case, it's dry and shouldn't bleed when you wet it and peel the duck out. ;)

As long as it’s breathing (it looks okay), leave it alone.
That thing you want to look for is shrink wrap.

It doesn't appear to be shrink wrapped...I've seen that on my chicks before...I just don't know what the blood clot looking thing is above the duck I would take pic but I don't want to bring it out of the incubator more than I need too and I'm not sure you could see it anyway...i took a qtip wet of course and pushed some of theyuck back from its head and its not stuck to its feathers or anything

If you want, you can peel the outer shell off more and see if the inner membrane is stuck to the bird. If that's the case, it's dry and shouldn't bleed when you wet it and peel the duck out. ;)
When I rub the black blob with the qtip you can tell it's a little bloody so I'm worried if I do too much it will bust whatever it is

Happy Easter everyone!!

We came on this little group in the middle of town. Literally. They look day old if that. Amazing find for Easter Sunday. :love

image.jpg
image.jpg

:lol: Two boys found the fence opening while I was collecting eggs. I just went down to let them back in. Immediately I heard squawking inside, and the two boys outside were tussling. I finally went inside, and my main roo was sitting on the wall separating the chicks with the upset bantams. The other two boys were tussling in their side of the coop. :lau
I thought about just snapping necks, but I am pretty sure the already hormonal boys would have killed me.

Back
Top Bottom