EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Eggs don’t necessarily hatch on time. As for it looking weird, shipped eggs often have saddle shaped air cells.
I've been studying the threads on assisted hatching and I just really need some insight. My other 5 chicks from my home eggs hatched last night. 1 of my shipped eggs pipped on the wrong end I think this morning and hatched this afternoon. Another one pipped and hatched almost normal. A third one also pipped in the side of the egg opposite of the low side of the air cell. The one I'm stressing about looks like it may be still alive but I'm positive it's malpositioned. I just don't really know the next step. Everything I read is swimming around in my head and I really want to save these iowa blue chicks if I can.
IMG_20200923_2354205.jpg

Let it try on its own. If you pip it, it will likely shrink wrap, and die because it’s stuck. Go to bed, and let it try.
It wasn't meant to be. It dies before I decided what to do.. Still had quite a bit of yolk left and could have never pipped from the position it was in. :( maybe the other one will make it that pipped out the side.

It wasn't meant to be. It dies before I decided what to do.. Still had quite a bit of yolk left and could have never pipped from the position it was in. :( maybe the other one will make it that pipped out the side.

Shipped eggs are always a gamble and tend to be difficult to hatch. Congratulations on the babies that did hatch :)

Back
Top Bottom