EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Oh my goodness, I haven't visited in here for a long time! Hope all is well. Having surgery on Tuesday. Shoulder. Need them well when time comes for lifting and turning my husband. Could be a while yet, but he's declining pretty quick. Glad he's home. Hoping we can keep him home with the help of our kids that have moved in, youngest son and wife..and.. baby. So grateful they are here! For those that don't know, he has Alzheimer's. It's the saddest thing I've ever experienced. Like I said, glad I have help..and company. Hey Sally, I got your email. I'm so glad to our sent it it! I bought some soap from someone else, couldn't find you..I prefer yours big time! I have some in my cart on your site. Will get an order out soon.
Oh Cynth I am so very sorry. I cant even imagine what yall have to go through, and he of course. awwww this sucks so bad :( I am so glad he has moved in to help, bless them. Has this happened quickly? or should I say progressed quickly? @Cynthia12

Oh Cynth I am so very sorry. I cant even imagine what yall have to go through, and he of course. awwww this sucks so bad :( I am so glad he has moved in to help, bless them. Has this happened quickly? or should I say progressed quickly? @Cynthia12
He was diagnosed almost 3 years ago, and of course like many times happens, we the spouse, noticed something was up earlier. He was staying pretty steady for the first year and a half I would say...but lately, it's seems something new..a new symptom.. pops up. It used to be more like every three months, but now, every couple of weeks or less my son, his wife are asking, have you noticed this new thing with dad? He actually had what's called mixed Dementia... Alzheimer's/Vascular. Pretty common. I love this man to bits. I finally found my true love. Figured on a great retirement together. We'll, it's different for sure now. I'm going to try and keep him home. No nursing home unless he gets violent. I just don't see that happening with him. I took care of my son for years with Spina Bifida with Mylo meningocele. Still help him out. I had my mentally handicapped sister come home from a nursing home that decided to stop dialysis..she passed away here at home in May this year. I figure I can take care of my husband, especially with the kids here. They've helped so much already. My son will take me for my surgery since hubby can't drive. I've had a few surgeries, first time without him. :(

@daxigait sore mouth? ugh another google
Sometime called goat pox it can travel on shoes, goat to goat or I have heard through the air. I have not had any outside goats or access so I'm not sure where it came from, but it has to run its course. you can do some things to kind of mitigate and slow it down but it has to run its course. from that point on your goats kind of like humans that have had chickenpox are basically immune though younger animals and other on the property can get it later since it gets in the ground it never fully goes away but generally if it comes back at all it's usually years later and it is less severe. unfortunately, it's kind of a fact of life in the goat world especially if you're going to show it all. I have gone years without it, but it's here now. I'm just not sure where I got it unless the people that came to get the little buckling and walked in my yard and then I walked there had it on their shoes. I usually make people that show up at my place use my viracide spray on their shoes. I have vicron but I haven't recently had them use it. maybe I'm paying the price. or maybe it came airborne I don't know on a leaf from somewhere else. Whatever,
at least if I had to get it while I'm upset about the show I'm getting it in the fall and not when I have baby kids cuz it can get on teats and then you got a real mess. Babies that don't want nurse, moms that don't want them to nurse, and then they get chances at secondary infections or mastitis what a mess. or in a case like mine they wouldn't want to drink from the bucket and Mommy's wouldn't want to be milked so I am going to be glad in at least one small way that it happened in the fall.

Last edited:
He was diagnosed almost 3 years ago, and of course like many times happens, we the spouse, noticed something was up earlier. He was staying pretty steady for the first year and a half I would say...but lately, it's seems something new..a new symptom.. pops up. It used to be more like every three months, but now, every couple of weeks or less my son, his wife are asking, have you noticed this new thing with dad? He actually had what's called mixed Dementia... Alzheimer's/Vascular. Pretty common. I love this man to bits. I finally found my true love. Figured on a great retirement together. We'll, it's different for sure now. I'm going to try and keep him home. No nursing home unless he gets violent. I just don't see that happening with him. I took care of my son for years with Spina Bifida with Mylo meningocele. Still help him out. I had my mentally handicapped sister come home from a nursing home that decided to stop dialysis..she passed away here at home in May this year. I figure I can take care of my husband, especially with the kids here. They've helped so much already. My son will take me for my surgery since hubby can't drive. I've had a few surgeries, first time without him. :(
cynth you are such a wonderful caring person xoxoxo Prayers

Back
Top Bottom