EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I will be taking the vaccine. 😊
As will I. My wife and I are registered but I think I'll be on the list long before her. She's still under 65.
Our county executive just gave a press conference about vaccines. He spent the first half imploring people not to lie on their registration. Apparently a huge number of people are claiming they are medical workers when they aren't. Lying about their age. Teenagers showing up as 65 and over. People are SCUM!
Apparenbtly the county is getting a new shipment of vaccine tomorrow but they don't know how much is coming in. The first shipment was half what was ordered.

As will I. My wife and I are registered but I think I'll be on the list long before her. She's still under 65.
Our county executive just gave a press conference about vaccines. He spent the first half imploring people not to lie on their registration. Apparently a huge number of people are claiming they are medical workers when they aren't. Lying about their age. Teenagers showing up as 65 and over. People are SCUM!
Apparenbtly the county is getting a new shipment of vaccine tomorrow but they don't know how much is coming in. The first shipment was half what was ordered.
At 7:00 tonight I can get on and reg. my husband. Hooe the site doesn't crash like it had before from so many getting on. 🙄.

We here are much more organized! First the medical personal, then the 60+ years old ,then the teachers ( :wee ),then the 55+ years old and now the 45+ years old. Everything accordingly to the vaccine availability, our PM made a fantastic job on this issue.
One thing to say about the "Corona deniers". they are a case of an "evolutionary dead end "........

Our huge country and population, plus every state being on their own exacerbated the issue but we really dropped the ball. There just wasn't the will from the top to control it. Add all the lies to that and we were doomed.
Our hospitals and medical staffs have been left in the lurch. I still can't get over the images of nurses in covid wards wearing trash bags for PPE.

On another subject, has anyone here ever caponized?
I just bought a caponizing kit and it is a spring project I'm planning. I have a lot of cockerels to butcher so I'm going to practice on them after I slaughter. When I feel I have it down, I'll start doing the chicks when I identify those that won't be held for breeding.
@Akrnaf2, in reading about the history of capons, I found a reference to a 1598 book on chickens with a chapter on capons. It interpreted the Hebrew word barbur as capon.

Our huge country and population, plus every state being on their own exacerbated the issue but we really dropped the ball. There just wasn't the will from the top to control it. Add all the lies to that and we were doomed.
Our hospitals and medical staffs have been left in the lurch. I still can't get over the images of nurses in covid wards wearing trash bags for PPE.

I just bought a caponizing kit and it is a spring project I'm planning. I have a lot of cockerels to butcher so I'm going to practice on them after I slaughter. When I feel I have it down, I'll start doing the chicks when I identify those that won't be held for breeding.
@Akrnaf2, in reading about the history of capons, I found a reference to a 1598 book on chickens with a chapter on capons. It interpreted the Hebrew word barbur as capon.
This is the best site I’ve found for caponizing
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/graphic-pics-of-my-day-learning-to-caponize.675898/

It is very interesting!!
In the modern Hebrew the word Barbour- ברבור, is the name of the Swan. But in the bible and the old Hebrew the meaning of the word is fattened rooster, or goos.
According to ouer religion it is forbidden to castrate any animals, so I don't believe they ment to a canonized rooster but only to a flattened rooster.
All the French Bress rooster are canonized!
Have you seen this?

It is very interesting!!
In the modern Hebrew the word Barbour- ברבור, is the name of the Swan. But in the bible and the old Hebrew the meaning of the word is fattened rooster, or goos.
According to ouer religion it is forbidden to castrate any animals, so I don't believe they ment to a canonized rooster but only to a flattened rooster.
All the French Bress rooster are canonized!
Have you seen this?
Except mine :lau
I find they grow fast enough.
15EFE3CC-C4CF-4EAE-A0B7-B75CB4B1DE69.jpeg

the chick in forefront is Bresse rooster the Pita Pintas behind him is standing on a ridge support in the brooder giving him an inch advantage. These are the NewYear HAL chicks.

Back
Top Bottom