EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Hello. The answer is that it looks like (s)he needs a little more time to absorb the yolk. Maybe just a few hours. If they are getting bumped, place them in a dish until they have some energy. I would say a tea cup, but they might be more comfortable laying down for now. I am not recommending electrolytes yet because they look too wet and miserable to be forced to drink.
I don’t know if you know, you actually do seem to know, that pipping on the wrong end isn’t necessarily an emergency. I do think that after seeing the other chick die, I would have assisted too.
Hello,

He hasn't move/change position since this morning.

He is in a small cup, so doesn't get bottered by the others.

However, I don't see any upgrade since this morning. Eyes stay close.

What should I do?

Thanks a lot in advance,

I got the others out of the bator. Should I leave him in the bator or put him with the others (but still) in the small cup?

I got the others out of the bator. Should I leave him in the bator or put him with the others (but still) in the small cup?
Once upon a time, I had a duckling that was just so pathetic when it hatched that I wrapped it in a washcloth, and carried it around in my shirt. At night it slept in the brooder. It took three days to walk, and I was so happy I cried. I seriously had given up on him.
There is hope despite this slow beginning.

Hi all, long time no see. I'm in the middle of yet another hatching season, this year I am only hatching Call ducks and Buff Chanteclers. Hatch rates are high so far, attributable to better temperature adjustment and sanitation. I have also been trialling out lowered humidity levels at lockdown (about 45%) with huge improvements in the condition of hatching chicks and overall mess levels.

Back
Top Bottom