EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

All the fish folks on here - does anyone have fresh water tanks? My fresh water tank was neglected for a bit. My grow light had burned out and was replaced with a standard fish tank light. I only have plecos in the tank for algae, and I now have these kind of pretty algae poofs. They attach to one piece of gravel. My chickens love them, but it's a pain to peel each one off the gravel. Can I throw it in the coop and let the chickens sort out the gravel? Should I not feed this slime to the hens?

I didn't think to take a photo - here's one I found online (I like the lizard too). This is sort of what the algae looks like. In my tank, it's only along the bottom, and it anchors to ONE piece of gravel. It isn't on any of the structures that I saw.

X57bDOq.jpg

Didn't see your post till now! Whoops! Sounds like Cladophora algae to me, though it could also be brush algae or beard algae. I don't see why it would hurt to feed it to your chooks. The main thing you DONT want to feed is blue green algae which is actually not an algae at all, but a cyanobacteria....but that's not what you have for sure! Hope this helps a little!

'
so Exciting!! take it easy bending up and down and up and down weeding! trust me, been there done it. Preterm labor twice, 2nd one almost killed the kid. be cautious I am old and I worry. I would love to see the nursery if your doing one. I only really had one for HArmonyAnn, the other kids never really had one. not that they don't grow out of it in two years and man does that time fly!

We have a nursery, we just need to call in our painter and get the crib! I'll have pictures and things probably. As for weeding, I have a little scooter that I can sit on like those ones they use in gym class. XD

If you haven't already, spread out the weight of that fat over the whole surface of the glass; might keep it from breaking.
I could use a couple good deer myself. We have none in the freezer; lost a bunch of meat this summer when the power went out while we were in WI.

well its too late for that, its been in there a day.

the first batch mad 30Lbs plus,
I realized I don't have ziplocks.
so I used wrap for now and put in fridge.
I am terrible nauseous from the smell I must admit. so much I took a Zofran, I think having the grease in the air so long and now cutting it and working with it did me in. I was going to clean the walls and cabinets cause when I spilled it hot it splattered all over the place, now its stuck like candle wax everywhere. can I just get a kitchen redo ughhh not sure this is work me doing if Imma get so sick.

Good luck, and get a buck. or doe whatever fits in the freezer works. No trophy hunters here, only meat eaters.
8642143035644818794%253Faccount_id%253D2

4260145566741462677%253Faccount_id%253D2

well its too late for that, its been in there a day.

the first batch mad 30Lbs plus,
I realized I don't have ziplocks.
so I used wrap for now and put in fridge.
I am terrible nauseous from the smell I must admit. so much I took a Zofran, I think having the grease in the air so long and now cutting it and working with it did me in. I was going to clean the walls and cabinets cause when I spilled it hot it splattered all over the place, now its stuck like candle wax everywhere. can I just get a kitchen redo ughhh not sure this is work me doing if Imma get so sick.

Good luck, and get a buck. or doe whatever fits in the freezer works. No trophy hunters here, only meat eaters.
8642143035644818794%253Faccount_id%253D2

4260145566741462677%253Faccount_id%253D2
:th

Back
Top Bottom