EE - Alpha females or actually ROOS?!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bees-n-Chickens-KY, May 28, 2011.

1. Bees-n-Chickens-KY

Bees-n-Chickens-KY Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    Assistance pleeeeaaase! I posted pictures of my 2 dark EE's pullets (?) about 4 weeks and the general consensus was FEMALE. But these 2 are either vying for alpha female or maybe (hopefully not) roos? The all black one "talked" (I'm not calling it a crow though) today while foraging in the backyard. They are both about 3-1/2 months old. Oh and they are both definitely VERY curious about things in general.

Thoughts?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Alabama ee

Alabama ee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2010
    by their combs..they look like pullets

3. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    I vote pullets!

4. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    Both girls! My EE is top hen and will talk when she wants things, to be let out, or put down when we are holding her...she is soo funny but every flock needs a top hen and some times other chickens will stand up to that to keep their place in the pecking order. They will run at each other with their neck feathers fluffed up and jump at each other, they are just playing and keeping that order....No probs

5. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Look like pullets. My EE acts like she's a little roo wannabe too.

6. Bees-n-Chickens-KY

Mar 4, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    Quote:Thank you - thank you - thank you! I was nervous because these two are quite the characters and make me laugh out LOUD sometimes.

7. Bees-n-Chickens-KY

Mar 4, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    Quote:Super! I appreciate the feedback! That's EXACTLY how these 2 act together - HA! Thank you for the confirmation!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by