EE Artiste!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Appaloosa Hill Farm, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    [​IMG] My mother is an accomplished quilter and has wonderfully creative ideas for her works of art. Last night, she called me giggling...I immediately wondered what craziness she'd thought up. [​IMG] She informed me that she and another quilter are working on a chicken-themed quilt (HOORAY!) and needed an interesting block. What did they come up with?! They wanted one of my 3 week old EEs to walk across the fabric with painted feet. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Today she brought over some non-toxic paint and dipped Ruby's feet in it and set her down on the fabric block. Ruby walked across it in many different directions and it turned out beautifully! After a quick bath, she's back in the brooder regaling the other birds with tales of her artistic talent and the crazy humans who dip her feet in weird things! [​IMG]

2. luvanimals3

luvanimals3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Georgia
    that's cool![​IMG] You need a picture!

3. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    [​IMG] Actually, several pictures were taken so my mom can add it to the quilter's guild scrapbook! If I can get them off her camera, I'll post 'em.

4. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Is your mom adopted??? Cause she sounds a lot like me! [​IMG] I have the idea to make my own tiles for my kitchen and let one of my hens walk across the wet clay!!

I would love to see the pictures...Dixie

5. tunaoftheland

tunaoftheland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    haha, I love it! That's an awesome idea!! Definitely try to get the pictures, so you can show us, and so Ruby can brag better to her friends!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by