EE boys or girls?

Thank you guys so much! I just love to watch them and they are so pretty. These two started out looking exactly the same only one had a small brown line on her back and the other didn't. So funny how they can change so much and you don't know what they are going to look like when they grow up. I have been checking out everyone's EE and I can't believe the variety of colors that they can come in. They are all so beautiful!!! I am going to have to get some more just so I can get a huge color variety of chickens!!! Man, I guess they really are addicting!
duc.gif
I did NOT just say that!

Can you get a better picture of the combs on the first 2? I would swear the first is a BOY......but you cant see the comb and the 2nd one has glare so you cant see the comb on that either. The 3rd is a girl.

They are actually the same bird but the one I am most questioning. Here are two pics of her close up!

Here she is the one on the right
12261_021.jpg

12261_011.jpg

Edited to add that she does not like to stand still!!!

Last edited:
Thanks Lurky! That was what was confusing me - the tail feathers. She is also kind of standoffish and will go on her own while the other girls are dust bathing or whatever. These are my first chicks ever and I am not even sure what I was looking for. I have read a lot of your posts and when you asked for more pics I knew you had a lot more experience than I do. I have been reading the posts and hanging out here since April and even the site is addicting! You can get so much more info here than you can reading any book.

Thanks for everyone's help looking at my girls! I can't thank you all enough!

Quote:
Oh dont let me fool you. I only really feel confident with the EE's by the comb because i went through the same thing with an EE rooster. I did learn so much from that, but i still get confused by the rest. And i still feel iffy because of the fancy tail feathers, but i suppose it could be mixed with a fancy tailed breed. I have 4 blue laced red wyondottes and i think one is a boy........then i think 2 are boys.....then i think they are all girls.........and they are 3 1/2 months old. There is nothing in the feathering to say they are boys, but one sure seems like a boy by his size and his sounds. So the EE is easier because the comb gives it away much easier than alot of other breeds. I have a hen that hangs out by herself all the time. Did you say how old they are?

Oh i just saw they are only 9 weeks????? I thought they were way older than that. I will try to find you some pics.

Last edited:
They were hatched June 23 and I received the Mon. June 25. My neighbors can't believe how big they have gotten lately. I got 2 light brahmas, 1 died over night 2 weeks ago. I never did find out what happened to her. She looked great when i buried her. 2 black australorps (I must say I really like these girls they are so friendly and such beautiful feathers) and my 2 EE. They all have such different personalities. They are all just so huge.
Every day I see something different on one of them that makes me go hmmmmm!
hu.gif
I guess it's all part of the joy of chicks - pulling your hair out until you know what they are!

I would love to see some pics! I am already planning on a few more for next year and am trying to research different breeds. I would love to see your wyandottes. They are one of the breeds on my list!

My EE rooster was standing out from the others very young with a very red comb.....the EE girls did not redden up til it was about 5 mos. So if they are not getting wicked red, i bet they are girls. What color wyondottes are you interested in? I have 2 silver laced, one gold laced and 4 blue laced reds.

BLRW:
BLRW10wks043.jpg

Golden laced:
055.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom