EE chick???

ChiknMama

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 26, 2011
We ordered this chick from our local feed store. She is only 6 days old but I am a little concerned about breed. I have been looking at alot of EE pics but have not seen a chick this color. Most are darker or look like chipmunks (little cuties) Does anyone know if this is an EE? Any help is appreciated, sorry if this is a silly question but these are our first chicks.

88804_024.jpg

Well, it does have the right leg color, and I think I see a tiny bit of a beard coming...With an EE, sometimes they have beards and/or muffs, but sometimes they don't. EEs also come in many different colors, so that is an OK thing.....Looks like she might be buff.....Of course, sometimes their coloring changes totally......

I say yes, that is an EE. And you'll know for sure if you get a nice greenish or bluish egg.....

Sure is cute!

Sharon

Thank you...we do have a BO and a BA also....I meant to put more than one pic on here so here it goes. I think she does have the puffy cheeks, hard to get them to stay still for long
jumpy.gif

88804_027.jpg
with our BO

88804_015.jpg
an earlier pic

88804_026.jpg
all the girls together

She looks like an EE to me. I have several EE chicks that are different colors. I will post pics soon. She is going to be a beautiful girl.

Thank you everyone for all of the feedback and compliments....I CAN NOT WAIT to see how she feathers out
celebrate.gif
I knew that EEs came in all different colors, just most that I have seen pics of are darker. I will post more pics as she grows will be fun to see the changes in her and her brooder mates
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom