EE Chickens 24 weeks Old no eggs.

I have at least 4 out of 6 late bloomers. They're 22 1/2 weeks. At least one of those that lays green eggs was relatively early so I'm hoping the others lay blue. There are 8 of them total and the blue egg layers were later here. 2 so far lay blue. Of those two one is around a year and one is around 9 months at this point.
love.gif
: Angelique

Last edited:
Well that makes me feel better. My 6 Barred Rock Bantams started at 16 weeks and are very strong layers. I have 4 Austrlorps that started at 21 weeks. (3 of 4 anyway). I wonder sometime if it because the EE's are at the bottom of the pecking order?

Well I need to post a correction. Apparently at least two of my younger girls have been laying in a nest out in the yard. I found 7 eggs by the fence!

I went out yesterday and took a good look at my two EE's. The Blue has a very red nice comb now and the brown has very little comb showing at all. I need to take some pics this weekend.

Ok 25 weeks and a few days. I,m sure these birds egg laying abilities are a myth. I'm sure these birds will never produce a egg. Much less blue and green eggs.
DSCN3841.jpg

Don't give up....my EE was 30 some weeks old when she laid her first egg. She has been good since, about 5 eggs per week since. She laid during winter as well. I read a post about an EE starting after 40 or 42 weeks.....
tongue.png

UPDATE. went out this morning and caught the blue EE in the nest box. Went out 30 minutes later and found a egg. I know it was her because I have no other eggs that look like this. Not blue, not Green but very dark rich brown. Oh well. Maybe my Brown EE with the green legs will give me a green egg. Her are my eggs from early this morning. 2 cream color from my Barred Rock Bantams, 3 brown from my Australorps and one new very dark brown from my Blue EE.

DSCN3860.jpg

Last edited:
No dark brown eggs here. We have 5 EE's. Three are laying. We get a light pink/beige with darker spots, blue/green, and olive with white spots.

Back
Top Bottom