EE colouring / plumage - chicks vs/ adults --- Post your PICS!

Pics
I think you need to change Lucy's name to Larry
Hahahahaha! Or Lucifer. Although it's such a sweet bird. This sexing business drives me crazy. Chicken raising is lots of fun, but it's so darn sad when you have to find new homes for birds you become attached to. This is my first time raising chickens and we need some girls! We can't have roosters in San Diego. :eek:/

Last edited:
I deliberately selected my 4 very different looking EE chicks in order to hopefully get 4 very different looking EE hens... mostly for the sake of variety.

And with that in mind, I am going to track their development every week (by updating this post with new pics)

#1: The blueish grey one. A little darker on top and pale on the belly. "She" has a little bit of orangey brown on her forehead and a prominent nostril area...and what look like blue legs.

#2 & #3: The one on the left is kind of buff colored, with subtle patches of grey on "her" back and back of head. The one on the right has the chipmunk stripe pattern and lots of extra spots and stripes on the forehead.

#4: The brown one that has minimal markings. "She" is a darker more cinnamon brown on the head and back, and a lighter brown everywhere else. "Her" legs appear to be blue also.

14 Days old:

21 Days old:

28 Days old:

5 Weeks old:

7 Weeks old:

10 Weeks Old:

Last edited:
I deliberately selected my 4 very different looking EE chicks in order to hopefully get 4 very different looking EE hens... mostly for the sake of variety.

And with that in mind, I am going to track their development every week (by updating this post with new pics)

#1: The blueish grey one. A little darker on top and pale on the belly. "She" has a little bit of orangey brown on her forehead and a prominent nostril area...and what look like blue legs.

#2 & #3: The one on the left is kind of buff colored, with subtle patches of grey on "her" back and back of head. The one on the right has the chipmunk stripe pattern and lots of extra spots and stripes on the forehead.

#4: The brown one that has minimal markings. "She" is a darker more cinnamon brown on the head and back, and a lighter brown everywhere else. "Her" legs appear to be blue also.

14 Days old:

21 Days old:

28 Days old:

5 Weeks old:

7 Weeks old:

10 Weeks Old:

What a wonderful post! Thank you! I had wanted one of my EE to have white in it like yours. Now I know what to look for! Thanks again.

Hahahahaha! Or Lucifer. Although it's such a sweet bird. This sexing business drives me crazy. Chicken raising is lots of fun, but it's so darn sad when you have to find new homes for birds you become attached to. This is my first time raising chickens and we need some girls! We can't have roosters in San Diego. :eek:/

Luci(fer) is very cool looking. I'm jealous.

Luci(fer) is very cool looking. I'm jealous.
Thanks Summer! He's starting to get more feathered. I need to post new weekly photos. I was planning on re-homing him right upon finding out he was a rooster, but will instead wait 3 or so more weeks...until my Ethel gets a chance to get friendly with the 3 new red star pullets I ordered (which should come in this week) and before he starts to crow. Right now, she depends on him.

I LOVE this thread!!! I really want to get some EEs but cant seem to find eggs for sale on BYC or ebay. Where do you all get your hatching eggs from? I dont have a feed store in the city.
thanks!!!

These's are my two pullet's EE's. They have just started laying
and I'm thrilled with the greenish and blueish eggs. I always
wanted some of the chickens and was thrilled when a
variety of eggs given to us for a broody hen turned out to be
eggers. I think they turned out beautiful. In the top picture
the two chicks closest to the hen are these pullets

Back
Top Bottom