EE colouring / plumage - chicks vs/ adults --- Post your PICS!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by GeneGoddess, Mar 12, 2010.

1. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Quote:What pretty coloring...love the whitish/silverish!! Look two below your post. There's an ee w/similar coloring. Many get the darker markings on the neck as they feather out. Yours will have a darker tail end I think though....

2. tamelroy

tamelroy Songster

Jan 19, 2009
    Mass
    this is my new baby, I have no idea what she is gonna look like I never had one like this! lol

[​IMG]

I have an older one too, but she is sick right now. [​IMG]

I had more but my RIR's and Comets killed them, I don't know why, they didn't bother my leghorns or my mutts too bad, but the EE, and some of my banty's gone. So now the RIR's and comets are gone and I am going to start over again.

You guys have some pretty EE's!!!!! [​IMG]

3. Woods_Woman

Woods_Woman Songster

Oct 21, 2009
    Oregon Rain Forest
    Read somewhere you can get an idea of what color eggs they will lay by leg color, anyone have idea's by looking at MY girls? They are on pg 2 post #17

4. ChickenMama18

ChickenMama18 Songster

Aug 31, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Quote:I'd be interested to know if that is true. I read somewhere that it's the ear lobe that "sometimes" predicts egg color. Our full grown EE has slate gray legs and she lays green eggs. Very pretty...I should take a picture and post.

5. ChickenMama18

ChickenMama18 Songster

Aug 31, 2009
    Nor Cal
    I notice that there are a lot of redish EE's. We have one too...eight months old. I'm thinking our two new babies will be redish too. Is that the most common color? I'm ok with that but I was kinda hoping for a little color variety.

6. chickintexas

chickintexas Songster

Mar 19, 2010
    Spring Branch
    I keep looking back and forth at all the beautiful pics! Such crazy color variations. There seems to really be no telling what you'll end up with when it's full grown. Beautiful birds, though, whether or not they lay colored eggs.

7. mstricer

mstricer Crowing

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    This is the cutie I hatched 4 weeks ago.
    [​IMG]
    The father
    [​IMG]
    the mother
    [​IMG]

shessowitte likes this.
  8. schmije

schmije Songster

Aug 25, 2008
    Peoria, IL
    mstricer - What a beautiful hen! I just love the grey/blue colors! And that baby sure is a cutie!

9. MN Chicken

MN Chicken Songster

Mar 21, 2010
    Minnesota
    Quote:I agree! She is beautiful! Do you have any pictures of that chicken as a chick? I suspect my EE may look like that grown.

10. mstricer

mstricer Crowing

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    I have pics but i neglected to label so I don't know which chick is what between the onces that have blue/gray in feathering. [​IMG]
    I did get alot of nice looking EE's from meyers hatchery with of course call them Amerucauna's only 3 of them truely lay really blue eggs the rest are green to a nice olive

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: