EE colouring / plumage - chicks vs/ adults --- Post your PICS!

Pics
I agree! He is ALL BOY!!! Luckily we are able to keep roosters where we live. He will be our first and we are crossing our fingers that he will be a sweet one--if that is at all possible. Any tips for raising a nice rooster? Or is it just the luck of the draw?

I agree! He is ALL BOY!!! Luckily we are able to keep roosters where we live. He will be our first and we are crossing our fingers that he will be a sweet one--if that is at all possible. Any tips for raising a nice rooster? Or is it just the luck of the draw?
It is possible. I had a little 5 month old Blue Laced Red Wyandotte cockerel. It took a little while for him to warm up to me, but when he did he was so sweet! Unfortunately, he died a few months ago. My advice would be to try and gain his trust now, and if he starts show any aggression whatsoever, then fight back. It worked with one of my little roosters. He gave up, but still trusted me.

Here is a growing up sequence for my little black birchen colored EE girl

Just hatched barely dried

day1 but all dry and fluffy

5 days

11 days

4.5 weeks, quite a bit of a jump, but after they went to the outside brooder it was harder to get shots of every chick every time.

6 weeks 2 days

8.5 weeks

I'm definitely keeping her just haven't come up w/ a name. Her mom is a NN x houdan, and her dad is either an EE or an araucana

Here is another sequence

Day 1 center chick, Mr. Personality

day 2 chick on the lt

day 5

day 11

day 18

3.5 weeks, center front

4.5 weeks

5.5 weeks, the blurry one in the background (sorry only shot at this age)

6 weeks 2 days

8.5 weeks

Those were the easy ones I may try one of the trickier ones, but will probably have to work backwards in age

Lets try this girl (no name yet but definitely keeping her) 8.5 weeks

5.5 weeks at her most boying looking

4.5 weeks

18 days

11 days one on lt

5 days

2 days (on the rt)

day 1 (chick on rt)

Those were the easy ones I may try one of the trickier ones, but will probably have to work backwards in age

4.5 weeks

18 days

11 days one on lt

5 days

2 days (on the rt)

day 1 (chick on rt)
If I were a betting man, I 'd bet this ones is a rooster. Do you know if any of the chicks are Mensa's?

4.5 weeks

18 days

11 days one on lt

5 days

2 days (on the rt)

day 1 (chick on rt)
If I were a betting man, I 'd bet this ones is a rooster. Do you know if any of the chicks are Mensa's?

Back
Top Bottom