EE colouring / plumage - chicks vs/ adults --- Post your PICS!

Pics
Here is another sequence

Day 1 center chick, Mr. Personality

day 2 chick on the lt

day 5

day 11

day 18

3.5 weeks, center front

4.5 weeks

5.5 weeks, the blurry one in the background (sorry only shot at this age)

6 weeks 2 days

8.5 weeks
Is that a blue color in the Columbian zones or jsut a light black?

It almost looks blue, I have a grown rooster with the blue in the Columbian zones and had the red leakage. He made some barred babies with a Blue-Tailed Red hen (she has very faint barring on her).

If I were a betting man, I 'd bet this ones is a rooster. Do you know if any of the chicks are Mensa's?
Hoping you are wrong, I didn't do the big "C" on this one b/c I was convinced she is a girl. Haven't seen any reddening at the wings or pointy feathers yet, but haven't been able to look at them this whole week, I have been very sick and in bed, part of the reason I had time to do these sequence posts.

Is that a blue color in the Columbian zones or jsut a light black?

It almost looks blue, I have a grown rooster with the blue in the Columbian zones and had the red leakage. He made some barred babies with a Blue-Tailed Red hen (she has very faint barring on her).
It is blue, he is very pretty and one of my slips.

Hope I'm wrong too, but I have a couple that were colored up like this one and then one day the red started appearing.

Hope I'm wrong too, but I have a couple that were colored up like this one and then one day the red started appearing.
I'm keeping a look out for sure, since (s)he isn't definite, and I know how hard that color is in female, also look at how even the patterning is, it isn't all splotchy like a boy's.
fl.gif

Kassaundra, that chick with the almost baring and the darker ring around it's neck - is an EXACT twin to my best little layer. Every single day there is a nice large dark brown egg from this little girl and she is the sweetest of the bunch. AND - everyone swore she was a he!
I can't post pictures anymore but if you can look at some of them on my page, you'll see her.

Kassaundra, that chick with the almost baring and the darker ring around it's neck - is an EXACT twin to my best little layer. Every single day there is a nice large dark brown egg from this little girl and she is the sweetest of the bunch. AND - everyone swore she was a he! I can't post pictures anymore but if you can look at some of them on my page, you'll see her.
Your right they could be twins. Gives me hope!

Another sequence post

Mr Skyfire, was sooooooooooo sad this carbon copy of his mom was a boy
hit.gif
8.5 weeks

5.5 weeks

3.5 weeks

18 days

11 days

5 days

2 days the one on the lt

For those unfamiliar, here is his mother the Divine Ms Skyfire herself. lol

388924_2738832362856_1472866305_n.jpg

Last edited:

Kimber 2wks old

6wks old

8wks

Kimber 10wks and really thinking she is a he..........

Chubs 2wks

Chubs 6wks

Chubs (in front) now 10wks

All our EE at 2wks - Skreech upper left

6 wks (skreech)

Now 10wks

8 wks (the little yellow chicks)

10wks -

different yellow chick at 10 wks

I agree! He is ALL BOY!!! Luckily we are able to keep roosters where we live. He will be our first and we are crossing our fingers that he will be a sweet one--if that is at all possible. Any tips for raising a nice rooster? Or is it just the luck of the draw?
Two of my EEs ended up being roosters. They are still young, but so far they are nice. One is very sweet. The other is a little more skittish. He doesn't like to be picked up, but will come sit on my lap if I wait for him.

Back
Top Bottom