EE colouring / plumage - chicks vs/ adults --- Post your PICS!

I will update this as soon as they are older! I have 3 chicks that are supposed to be pullets. One of them is blueish. Every time I get a blue EE, it ends up a rooster. I hope this might be a blue girl!!
34304_dsc_0008.jpg

34304_dsc_0045.jpg

Quote:
If those are bought and not bred EEs, I can tell you now that the one on the right top and left bottom is most likely a boy.
hmm.png

Here's our little EE named Apache who we were told was an ameraucana. We got her at this age so she has good feathering...but not complete yet. She's the dark one on the right.

40347_picture_143.jpg

Here she is full grown (eight months old)

40347_chickens_010.jpg

Here's a couple pictures of our new EE chicks

40347_chicks_033.jpg

40347_chicks_030.jpg

40347_chicks_037.jpg

Love this one...took them outside this week (it was in the 80's) and they started sunning themselves like the big birds! So cute!

40347_chickens_004_b.jpg

Can't wait to see how they turn out...and unfortunately praying for no roos cuz I'd love to have one, but we're not allowed. Regardless...love them all!
love.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
To my experience, very light chipmunks always turn out to be boys. Course, you could have a girl, I just think it may be a boy. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Can't wait until everyone else's chicks are adult!!
smile.png

One of our chicks is slightly lighter then the other one. Is she considered to be a light chick or is she just lighter then the other chick but sitll considered to be dark? LOL! Do you know what I mean?

Here is my EE hen Baby she was born this last Christmas so she is still young.

43331_b4.jpg

43331_baby.jpg

Baby Now
43331_pullet.jpg

43331_pullet4.jpg

Baby's sister Hawkeye hatched at the same time. I will get another pic of her tomorrow to show how her coloring has changed.
43331_b3.jpg

43331_hawk_eye.jpg

Hawkeye Now
43331_hawk_eye1.jpg

Hawkeye does not have the face tuffs, babies are small and not real prominent. I wish they had these features, read somewhere you can get an idea of what color eggs they will lay by leg color, anyone have idea's by looking at these girls?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what I've got that I can contribute:

This little girl was purchased last February:
DSC_0024Large-1.jpg

She grew into this:
July42009004.jpg

This little girl (also purchased last Feb):
DSC_0011Large-1-1.jpg

She grew into this:
July42009005.jpg

I now have this (bantam EE) and am waiting to see how he/she develops:
DSC_0109Small.jpg

I'm hoping it's a wheaton, pullet, that lays blue eggs - but I probably have a roo
lol.png
!

Back
Top Bottom