EE - Confirm what I think I know

illwell

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 7, 2014
Alabama
14 weeks old, and was supposed to be a she. Understood these things happen, but not sure if I have room for 2 roosters. Confirm this EE is a boy?

Thanks all. Now it is either get more hens or see if he is one awesome rooster... and get rid of my other rooster.

Thanks all. Now it is either get more hens or see if he is one awesome rooster... and get rid of my other rooster.
If that is the choice, the better bet is to get more hens (Chicken math in action)
yesss.gif
I always try to keep a backup rooster. You never know when he'll be needed. A couple of years ago I lost a rooster in August then my second the next February before I had set any eggs (should have set some right away but husband was saying it was too early.. Now why did I ever listen to that?) so I was scrounging for the right rooster for my planned breeding project.

If that is the choice, the better bet is to get more hens (Chicken math in action)
yesss.gif
I always try to keep a backup rooster. You never know when he'll be needed. A couple of years ago I lost a rooster in August then my second the next February before I had set any eggs (should have set some right away but husband was saying it was too early.. Now why did I ever listen to that?) so I was scrounging for the right rooster for my planned breeding project.

Agree. I always have at least two (but usually more) backup roos.

Never fails, if you don't have a backup rooster you'll loose your breeding rooster sure as daylight.

Back
Top Bottom