EE Frizzle Cohcin?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by havi, Sep 18, 2008.

1. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I ordered a frizzle cochin from a hatchery and I just noticed she has green legs. Im new to the whole chicken stuff and know next to nothing about the different breeds. But is there anyway a frizzle cochin could also be an ee? Or do cochins have green legs? Do all green leg hens lay greenish eggs?

2. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Is this something that should be posted in a different forum? Or is it in the right one?

3. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Not all green legged chickens lay green eggs. If you posted a picture then people could take a best guess as to what she is.

eta: Being she is from a hatchery, sometimes they are not exactly up to the standard cochin of a 'show' chicken. I am pretty sure she is probably a cochin though. Unless they had a misidentification at the hatchery.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  4. Hi Havi!
    There was someone here on BYC that got a lavender Cochin chick from their feedstore (and it probably came from a hatchery) that had 'different color' legs. I can't remember if the legs were more slate or willow.

What color is your Frizzle Cochin chick?
    I think most color Cochins are supposed to have yellow legs.
    Good luck figuring it out.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

5. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    well, you're not alone. i bought a frizzle cochin pullet off eggbid(i purchased another pullet that the picture was posted).when i received the birds both are very cute and frizzled but the white pullet had green legs! :thun
    cochins ESPECIALLY white ones should not have green legs.they should be yellow. i like the bird, i do not intend to do anything other than love her, but i was very disappointed because i felt this person knew this about the bird, although it was denied . but if you just want the bird for a pet, what does it matter? love 'em anyway.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by