EE from Hatcheries..... anyone have any?

Brunty_Farms

Songster
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Ohio
I'm getting some EE and I'm curious to know what color most mutt Easter Eggers lay?

Can you post a picture of your flock of EE and some of their eggs so I know what to expect...

I'm trying to add a little color to my egg laying flock in the spring for my customers... seems like the variety is what is interesting to people.

Thanks!

This is Arugula...she's 23 weeks - we got her from Welp Hatchery

31694_dscn5250.jpg

and here's her egg - the one in the middle of course
smile.png

31694_dscn5251.jpg

Check out the avatar. She's an EE from McMurray.

Here's another with some interesting blue coloring

kidstuff133.jpg

and most wondrous roo:
kidstuff064.jpg

MM seems to send them in every color imaginable. I have some plain whites, plain blacks, some that are definitely RIR crosses and some like my avatar that are decidedly BO crosses. I have a beautiful EE who looks like she was crossed with a Rock or Wyandotte as she is black and white flecked with some reddish tips on the feathers.
That's why I love my EE flock. They're all "purebred" EEs and each one is different.
ETA:please note that the pics here are of immature birds so they were not fully feathered at the time.

Last edited:
I have three EE's from Murry. They were sold as Araucana. One of them is solid white, and the other two are black and gold. All three lay green eggs. One has a bluish tint, one has an olive tint, and the other is just green. My pictures aren't the best, but here goes:

They are the three on the far right. This pic was taken before they began laying. Oh, and the buff that's third from the left was also an EE. We lost her before she ever layed.
Picture%20039.jpg

This was our first green egg.
eggs.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics... Mine are coming from Privett as no one else is hatching them this time of year.

Hopefully I get some good colored eggs.

31803_231.jpg

These are my three EE's. They were the first chickens we got. I picked them up from a farmer in Ohio that buys hatchery chicks from Cackle Hatchery. Two are the reddish tan, one is the cream. Our cream has been the first (and only so far!) to give us eggs. She is now 24 weeks, but began laying at 21 weeks. After a start of every other day, she has been giving us an egg every day for the past week (she took off for Columbus Day tho -
gig.gif
) My only disappointment with her is that I did not get the long awaited for colored eggs. She lays pretty cream ones, that sometimes have darker freckles on them. One of the tans has a crooked beak, but she has kept up in weight with the other girls...I'll have to keep an eye on her.

Last edited:
I ordered three from Meyers, and 9 others of assorted breeds. All were very healthy. Two of the three layed really ugly army olive/green eggs. I don't sell eggs but I'm confident no one would have wanted them. They have since been sent to freezer camp because I had too many pullets for my size coop. The other lays a light green egg. I was hoping for blue but the light green is pretty enough.

BTW, my one EE quit laying three weeks ago maybe due to shorter light-days or an impending molt. I hope I don't have to wait until next spring for her to pay her rent. (I may add artificial light.)

Back
Top Bottom