EE hen or roo?

chickenE

Songster
Apr 30, 2017
Cary, NC
Guessing girl.

The comb/wattles are very pale like a pullet.

For a roo, I tend to think the red color is more just on the wings. For this bird, the red color isn’t just isolated on the wings - it has quite a bit of red all over.

Unique, good looking bird! :love

Last edited:

Fallenone05

Songster
Oct 7, 2015
Oklahoma
I’m leaning towards pullet but I wouldn’t trust my judgment because I’m fairly new to this. Whatever the outcome though, you have gorgeous chickens:loveare these full EE’s??
Thank you! They're not full EE, these guys are hatched from barnyard mixes. The roo in this picture is an EE/Silver Laced Wyandotte mix, but he's not their dad. I butchered their dad due to him being baby aggressive and got this guy as a replacement. IMG_20200216_163220.jpg

Fallenone05

Songster
Oct 7, 2015
Oklahoma
Guessing girl.

The comb/wattles are very pale like a pullet.

For a roo, I tend to think the red color is more just on the wings. For this bird, the red color isn’t just isolated on the wings - it has quite a bit of red all over.

Unique, good looking bird! :love
That's what I was thinking, too. The red is all over and it's also not that sorta metallic-y red that I associate with 'rooster red. But I'm definitely not super good at sexing EE cause they're just a wild card in terms of comb and feathering.

Thank you though!! I love their colors so much 💕 if I remember right, they came from this hen!
IMG_20200216_163147.jpg

Top Bottom