EE hen or roo?

Fallenone05

Crowing
8 Years
Oct 7, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Hey everyone! I hatched some chicks out around Thanksgiving and was wondering if I could get some help on sexing this one. I'm leaning towards pullet, but I've heard that red on the wings is a sign of a boy so ehhhh
IMG_20200216_164352.jpg

I’m leaning towards pullet but I wouldn’t trust my judgment because I’m fairly new to this. Whatever the outcome though, you have gorgeous chickens:loveare these full EE’s??

Thank you! They're not full EE, these guys are hatched from barnyard mixes. The roo in this picture is an EE/Silver Laced Wyandotte mix, but he's not their dad. I butchered their dad due to him being baby aggressive and got this guy as a replacement. IMG_20200216_163220.jpg

Guessing girl.

The comb/wattles are very pale like a pullet.

For a roo, I tend to think the red color is more just on the wings. For this bird, the red color isn’t just isolated on the wings - it has quite a bit of red all over.

Unique, good looking bird! :love

That's what I was thinking, too. The red is all over and it's also not that sorta metallic-y red that I associate with 'rooster red. But I'm definitely not super good at sexing EE cause they're just a wild card in terms of comb and feathering.

Thank you though!! I love their colors so much 💕 if I remember right, they came from this hen!
IMG_20200216_163147.jpg

I am so on the fence about that one.... The face and comb say pullet. The rust on those wings says cockerel.
Do you have a rooster already?

I'm the same way. I genuinely cannot tell! I have an adult rooster now, yes, and two of the chicks are both boys. I don't have a good photo of the other boy, and I'm currently at work, but this calico looking one (not the black one) has the largest comb and wattles. The other rooster is getting a larger comb but his wattles aren't prominent.

IMG_20200216_164053.jpg IMG_20200213_165856.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200213_171753.jpg
    IMG_20200213_171753.jpg
    891.4 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom