EE HEN???

zprankin

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2015

The black one is a 9 or 10 week old BSL.. The EE might be a week or two older.. Is it a hen?

I don't think those are EEs. And the black one is a pullet while the red is a looking like a rooster

Like I said I know for sure the black one is a black sex link.. And we were told the red one was an easter egger ... It really acts like a hen but I noticed the comb going red ..

Like I said I know for sure the black one is a black sex link.. And we were told the red one was an easter egger ... It really acts like a hen but I noticed the comb going red ..

Yeah the red one is not an EE. In what ways does "she" act like a hen? "Her" comb, tail feathers and neck feathers are all indicating a rooster

The red one does have some bearding - so likely does have EE breeding - but is looking like a cockerel in these photos

Last edited:
Yeah the red one is not an EE. In what ways does "she" act like a hen? "Her" comb, tail feathers and neck feathers are all indicating a rooster

Just not like the normal rooster.. Calm and not dominate .. The black one is the more protective one... Would my two grown hens treat a rooster different than a hen? Bc they seem to treat em the same..

Back
Top Bottom