EE Layers?

Can posters post where their EEs came from? I wonder if there is a corrilation. Mine were from MPC!

About 19-20 weeks. Still waiting on some. Got mine from the local feed mil. I get olive green, blue and white eggs so far.

Last edited:
21 weeks exactly for my two EEers. They were the 2nd and 3rd of my chickens. The first was a black Australorp at 20 weeks, then another BA at 26 weeks. One of my EEers lays a green egg, the other a tanish/pink one. I think they're from Myers (got them from a friend).

I was just about to ask the same question... I'm at ~25 weeks and nothing. I was going to ask if I should expect them to lay at all until Spring seeing how short the days are getting. There's no sign of them looking to lay yet either. I've never had chickens go past 22 weeks. I have to say golden comets are definitely my favorite breed. They all started at 16-17 weeks.

I have a thing about going by weeks since, given that birds--even with the same hatch dates--mature at different rates a week in their life is too short a time period. That being said my 5 month old EE's (end of May hatch) aren't laying yet, nor do they appear ready-maybe during their 6th month. I have 20+ Black Stars of the same age and they're just beginning although all aren't all into production yet either.

I have 2 EEs... Each are 26 weeks and no eggs yet. I got them from the local farm store. Their combs are just now turning red, and they're joining the other girls with the egg-laying song. I've seen them checking out the nesting boxes, so I hope soon.

Mine are around 28 weeks and all four started laying about the same time, this month to be exact. I think the nice cooler weather helped get their booties in gear
smile.png

I purchased mine from a feed store.

I know it's hard but try to be patient once you get that beautiful colored egg you will be so eggcited!
smile.png

Mine are at 29 weeks and I have not seen an egg out of either of them yet. I'm glad they are light on the feed.

ETA: Mine are from Farm & Fleet, they get them from Cackel.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom