EE leg color correlation to egg color?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by vermontgal, Sep 16, 2009.

1. vermontgal

vermontgal Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a new EE chick, now about 1 week old, from Meyer Hatchery. Her legs are just barely tinted green. She is a blonde chick, perhaps will be white or buff.

With her legs having so little green in them, I am thinking she might lay brown eggs. [​IMG] Anyone have experience with this?

2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Leg color has nothing to do with egg color.

3. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Vermontgal, I think that this is hilarious! I posted the same question last week, and also live in central vermont. everyone assured me that leg color has nothing to do with egg color, which is a little disappointing, but I can't wait to see what I get.

4. vermontgal

vermontgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Cool. I *did* try to search on "EE leg color" and got many hits, most of which have nothing to do with my question.

chickensducks&agoose That is very funny. On my side, I am *hoping* that the leg color doesn't mean anything because the legs are boring. I want green. [​IMG]

5. DarkUnicorn

DarkUnicorn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Walden, NY
    My one girl has Yellow legs...... But lays green eggs.

When she's not broody that is! [​IMG]

6. Chicken Fried

Chicken Fried Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2008
    Northeast Wisconsin
    I have 2 EE's both dark green legs, they both lay very light green eggs.

7. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Vermont gal, if your EE turns out to lay boring eggs, I've got 3, and might be willing to trade, if more than one of mine lays green...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by