EE Not Laying

bcmama

Songster
8 Years
Jul 12, 2012
My Coop
My Coop
I have a 31 week old EE that hasn't started laying...yet. My previous experience with EE's had them laying at around 26-28 weeks. I'm thinking any day, but she isn't even squatting. What do you think??

So glad you asked this question!
My EE is 27 weeks today. I have 2 others- Buff Orpington (started laying 2 weeks ago) and a Black Australorp (started laying the end of October) who are the same age. The EE had no comb or wattle development. Have a feeling it is going to be awhile before she starts laying! Glad to see others have had the same experience with EEs!
-Jerie

My EE after 32 weeks left me a green egg!
ya.gif

I have a bunch of late bloomers! This group of gals have definitely taken their time. Out of the 4 new girls we got the middle of May, 2 Cochin, 1 Brahma and one EE, only one of the Cochin's have started laying. 4 years ago our flock all started around the 26th-28th week. We will wait. It better be a good egg...for all of them. Honestly we were slightly disappointed in the Cochin's egg..quite small for the size of the bird. Nothing like our lovely BR's eggs. Hers is only slightly bigger than our silkie. Bwah haha.

Have two EE that are approx 6 to 7 months. Nothing yet. Have 2 Buffs a RIR and A RIR mix also. None of them have payed their first eggs yet.

Back
Top Bottom