EE not laying

The cheek coop

Crowing
Jun 20, 2023
London Ky
We bought 3 hen around 1year old to add to our flock on July 4th after 3 of our 4 “pullets” turned out to be roosters. We got a golden comet and 2 EE’S. The GC and one EE is laying but the other is not. She had feathers missing on her back from an over zealous rooster. Does the fact that she is healing have anything to do with why she isn’t laying yet? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0256.jpeg
    IMG_0256.jpeg
    925.3 KB · Views: 12
It could be molting or summer break
She was missing those feathers when we got her and she hasn’t lost any more sense and they’re starting to grow back in. Her and about 10 other hens were in with about 10 roosters so I’m sure I know what the issue was😉 I’ve read that Americanas and EE’S can take a few weeks after moving before they started laying again. I was just curious. Thanks for the info.

She was missing those feathers when we got her and she hasn’t lost any more sense and they’re starting to grow back in. Her and about 10 other hens were in with about 10 roosters so I’m sure I know what the issue was😉 I’ve read that Americanas and EE’S can take a few weeks after moving before they started laying again. I was just curious. Thanks for the info.
If they're just now growing back in, that means she's molting. Birds don't continually regrow feathers, just at certain times.

Back
Top Bottom