EE or ameraucana?

mrs918

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 14, 2011
spokane,wa
Im new to this chicken thing- and just seem to be getting more confused on the EE vs ameraucana. So here's our girl... She's about 4 months in this pic, was sold from the feed lot as an ameraucana............ Opinions?

76824_imag0505-1.jpg

76824_dolly.jpg

her as a lil chick when we first got her
76824_1.jpg

If she came from the feed store she is an EE. Feed stores get their chicks from hatcheries and hatcheries do not have pure Ameraucanas.

BTW, the BR you have in the far side of the pic has some awesome coloring!!! Very cool!!! I just like black and white chickens, BR, Silver laced, silver penciled, columbian, that's all I'm going with from now on
smile.png

Quote:
Thank you
smile.png
I love the black and whites too... I could easily go with just those colors, but I like to have a variety ... lol

U have an Ameraucana chicken and an Easter egger. An Easter egger is any bird that has the gene to lay blue eggs. There is another bird called The Araucana and is a different kind of bird that looks like it is wearing a mustache. Hope this helps

Quote:
Well, not quite. An EE is any bird that carries the blue egg gene and does not conform to any real breed standard. Ameraucana have the blue egg gene, yet do conform to the standard. They have muffs and tails. Araucana can be muffed or not, but do not have tails, and sometimes are called "rumpies"

Looks like a VERY PRETTY EE to me
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom