EE Pullet hasn't laid an egg for at least 3 weeks!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by newchickenfamily, Sep 26, 2009.

1. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

OK, so we have one EE pullet that started laying eggs about 6 weeks ago. She laid regularly for the first 3 weeks. Now, nothing for the past 3 weeks! She is eating/drinking/acting normal. She has regular access to oyster shells and good feed/water, ample bug scratching etc.... This hasn't happened with our other girls. [​IMG] Is this something to be concerned about? Normal?

2. amartinlb

amartinlb Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    Jersey Shore
    I'm having the same issue. [​IMG] A green egg a day then the last 3 weeks nothing! I don't know if she's taking a break or if its hormonal. She was squatting all the time but now runs away like a younger pullet. Two other things happening that might have upset mine - the rooster is 4 mon. old and chasing the hens and there is a hawk making an appearance a couple times a day and everyone hustles into the coop cowering. Someone said they sometimes stop if upset. However that has not stopped the others-they lay daily and my appenzeller just started laying small white eggs. Anyway everyone says not to worry she'll resume when she's ready. But it's my old green egg layer!!!! [​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

It's that time of the year when chickens molt, so maybe they are not laying because of that. Also my EE is a very erratic layer, lays for a couple weeks then nothing for weeks. Don't know if that characteristic of EE's or maybe she is a lot older than I think.

Imp

4. Chickn chick 46

Chickn chick 46 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2009
    My EE is a lazy layer. When she isn't molting she lays about 3- 4 eggs a week. My experience with them (I used to have 2 others) is that they aren't the most reliable breed for laying. They seem to use every excuse in the book to take a holiday from it. [​IMG]

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    yup, sounds like mine! no egg in 9 days. Even before then I olny got one evry 2-3 days from her. She was adopted and I was told she was 1 yr old but I think Im having my doubts she's only 1 yr old though?? I looked her over real good yesterday and she seesm like she's moulting:-( so that right there is the egg problem..

6. boxermom

boxermom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Spencer,IA
    My EE pullet is doing the same thing. No egg since last Tues when we processed the xtra roos. I'm trying to be patient... [​IMG]

7. boxermom

boxermom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Spencer,IA
    I guess I spoke too soon. Got a small green one today. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by