EE questions?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by nstilwater, Mar 14, 2012.

1. nstilwater

nstilwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    I have an ameecauna Roo. or so the Feed store said last year. Is there any way to tell for sure if he is a amerecauna or an EE. I bred him to my Leghorn hen and got a yellow fluffball with a few black spots and ear muffs, the chick has yellow legs like the hen. will the chick lay colored eggs or white eggs? the rooster is black and white

[​IMG]
    this pic is 6 months old his name is Bug

[​IMG]

this chick in the back is the one with ear muffs, its not the best but Worm wouldnt hold still

2. joedie

joedie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    I don't believe feed stores or hatcheries have true Americaunas. They are all EEs.

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Ameraucana, no i [​IMG] But no, feedstores don't have true Ameraucanas, that's an Easter Egger.

However, your offspring bred to the Leghorn will likely lay a lighter version of whatever the rooster carries. If they have single combs they'll likely lay light brown eggs, carried from the chance of a green egg carrying rooster (green is blue and brown together) if the chick has a pea comb (smooth, slightly lumpy, or a few rows of little lumps) then it's gonna lay a light blue or green egg.

4. Coopacabana

Coopacabana Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Seattle, Washington
    He's a very pretty roo. Does he have what i've heard called 'willow' legs in other EE's? They look green, so cool! Cute little chick!! Muffed chicks are the cutest!!

5. nstilwater

nstilwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    the chick definatly has a pea comb. the only one of nine that is like this, i think my orpington fatheed the rest

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by