EE Roo/Hens ? ? ?

1st and 2nd pics, ROOS.

the first one reminds me of how Marbles (my roo looked at that age, with the brown hues on the wings, that will go deeper in color with time) and the green in the tail feathers, shiny ones.

2nd one very roo looking

only one that looks like a pullet, is the last picture.

keep us posted.

Is it one picture of each bird? or are the last 2 pictures the same one?

Based on comb (which seems to often be a pretty obvious sign early on) the first look very roo to me.
The next one is harder to tell b/c of the sun on the comb, the the feathering and stance look a little boyish to me.
The last one looks more girly.

My EEs were pretty obvious by 7 weeks, and I think my 14week old pullet still has less comb than your first 3.

I am learning with the EEs too... and learning that they aren`t always straight forward until it becomes obvious. Re: the combs...I have a grey EE roo and was hoping to have a recent photo of his comb but only have one when he was about 7 weeks....hope this is useful he has grown so much!

52993_ee_roo.jpg

and here is a same age EE pullet (I hope...) for comparison

52993_img_2014.jpg

They are young and yours will of course have more developed combs. I was told by someone with much more experience than me that EE pullets tend to have a single row of "blobbies" and the cockerels have usually 3 rows of blobbies....and then in the next breath she told me there are always exceptions as EE combs can vary...so go figure
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom