EE roo's? I think.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Twizzlebee, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Twizzlebee

Twizzlebee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2012
    I hatched 9 EEs and all died but 3 from my dog(another story entirely). One is actually a pure black AM while the other two are AM x Blue Andalusian's. I'm fairly positive I have all roosters because of the reddish combs, but I was hoping maybe the blue Andalusian's were girls because they typically have large combs anyways. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The crosses

[​IMG]
    The AM.

I didn't get any good body pics of him, but he doesn't have much of a tail and is built kind of like a pullet. They are 8 weeks by the way

2. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Body pics would be helpful. The one at the bottom looks to be a pullet to me. The two at top are more difficult for me to tell.

3. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Thats what I was thinking too

4. SweetSilver

SweetSilver Chillin' With My Peeps

I like reading this forum with my girls and giving our guesses. Both say they think all are pullets. (They are 7.5 and nearly-6yo, BTW.)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I did the same thing with my ds when he was a little younger. That boy can now sex a chicken like you wouldn't believe! Course, he turned 11 now and doesn't want to sit with mom on the computer..............enjoy that while you can!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by