EE Serama Project

So not surprising that they are blue with gold.... It will be fun to see what they look like grown up. The PO has been rough on your eggs. We should get some more to you.....
wink.png

So what will be the plan with these? Breed them back to Seramas? Since they are out of blue eggs, they will have the gene..right?

Such a pretty mom! Seeing her gives me hope the second chick may be a girl, but watching the older one interact with the others is really making me think roo. 'He' completely dominates the bigger silkies he's with.

Such a pretty mom! Seeing her gives me hope the second chick may be a girl, but watching the older one interact with the others is really making me think roo. 'He' completely dominates the bigger silkies he's with.

Serama attitude alright! If you breed him to a Serama hen, would the babies result in blue egg layers? Do you think?

Both have pea combs so I'm hoping they both have the gene for blue from mom.
I'm having such bad luck hatching the silkies I decided to pick up a silkied serama pullet from someone about an hour away either this weekend or next. "If" these chicks are both girls I'll be looking for a silkied roo. More of the cross eggs are very tempting I seem to be having better luck with them than the pure breeds.

My ultimate goal is a blue egg layer the size of a serama with silkied feathers and a pea comb.

Both have pea combs so I'm hoping they both have the gene for blue from mom.
I'm having such bad luck hatching the silkies I decided to pick up a silkied serama pullet from someone about an hour away either this weekend or next. "If" these chicks are both girls I'll be looking for a silkied roo. More of the cross eggs are very tempting I seem to be having better luck with them than the pure breeds.

My ultimate goal is a blue egg layer the size of a serama with silkied feathers and a pea comb.
fl.gif
good luck!!!!

I'm having 'some' luck with the cross eggs. I'm also liking the blue coming in on the younger chick. I keep waffling back and forth about not trying to hatch silkied or doubling my order. :(

Back
Top Bottom