EE??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chicken Hound, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Chicken Hound

Chicken Hound Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2014
    McDowell County NC
    One of the girls (hopefully) I got this spring from a mix flock, could this be an Easter egger? I am thinking it is a hen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Does not appear to be an EE - the body structure is rather heavy, the legs are not green and if it *is* an EE it is a clean faced EE - which does happen, but a combination of all these things being "off" for EE would lead me to consider other possibilities.

3. Chicken Hound

Sep 8, 2014
    McDowell County NC
    Don't know much about EE, had one before that had the same yellow legs and very similar color. This one does like to puff up and look round, she is over all a small bird, thought she might be trying to keep up with the others......lol I really have no idea what she might be I am kinda surprised she has not layed yet she about 7 months old. I am sure she a mix breed, I love mutts....

4. Sunshine0235

Sunshine0235 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Lebanon Ohio
    Looks like a golden laced wyandotte cross to me, the rose comb combined with the very slight lacing on the feathers have me thinking so, maybe crossed to something buff?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That is a rose comb, not a pea comb that many EEs have. I'd say a Wyandotte mix. The body shape and head shape are right for Wyandotte, but the coloring is way off, so I'd say a mix.

6. Chicken Hound

Sep 8, 2014
    McDowell County NC
    A mix is almost cretin, wishful thinking she would be an EE, Wyandotte mix is a possibility I do think they had a few of those in there flock. This is more for my info then anything she a cutie she has the nick name cream puff cause the way she look so puffy.

Thanks for the info

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    X2 on speckledhen's guess.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by