EEK! A hawk tried to steal my Hazel right in front of me!

Quote:
i helped me
smile.png
i think it was the screaming and popping that scared it away. it did the trick. i was so releaved. i chased it for it seemed like a good 4 hours just swooping down tring to get my chickens and me going from tree to tree to tree throwing rocks like a girl at a tree
wink.png

a few bottle rockets close to the tree it was it and it left and never came back

Quote:
Don't do that, it is illegal in some states to shoot off bottle rockets, it comes with heavy fines and jail time, you know there are snitches in here
wink.png

Quote:
Don't do that, it is illegal in some states to shoot off bottle rockets, it comes with heavy fines and jail time, you know there are snitches in here
wink.png

You got that right! lol!

oh by the way. I was wondering (to anyone not just the person I am replying to) ... What do people raise pigeons for?

Quote:
wink.png

I'm a law-abiding citizen, thank you for your concern.

Quote:
wink.png

I'm a law-abiding citizen, thank you for your concern.

That was a joke sorry
hide.gif

Yes, it is true the hawks are migrating! No free ranging for my girls. However, we had a hawk who kept perching ontop of the coop staring and intimidating the girls in the run. You can hang old CDs from string around the coop and run. The hawks will keep their distance. They are frightened of the CDs.

Tilly's Nest :

Oh yes, one more thing. Hawks are federally protected. If you harm or kill them there is a large fine and jail time.

There will be a day when hawks will surely become extinct in the future. Then chickens will be the ones that will be federally protected.​

Tilly's Nest :

Oh yes, one more thing. Hawks are federally protected. If you harm or kill them there is a large fine and jail time.

I'm not looking to harm or kill them either!
barnie.gif

FTR, we've lived peacefully with a pair of redtails on the property for many years. We don't kill the resident wildlife. This behavior is very new and I hope it's a migrating situation.​

opps..
haha all we are talking about is scaring the darn thing so it can move on.
smile.png

no one anywhere said anything about harming or killing it.. they are beautiful creatures.... when they arent making you run all over your property, or tring to eat a pet of yours.
all im saying is make noise lots of and lots of noise.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom