eek...should never go to TSC in the spring!

artsyrobin

Artful Wings
15 Years
Mar 1, 2009
Muskogee OK
ok, i knew i shouldn't go there but it reached out and grabbed me as i drove by- the banties bin litter was soaked- talked to the manager about that... they insist on 6 chicks- but i split a group with the clerk who also wanted a few but not six,, so here are the new dears....

P1030165.jpg

P1030166.jpg

P1030167.jpg

Very, very cute. I'm staying out of ALL farm stores. I have 20 of those fuzzy butts upstairs. I've found they are all I can handle. I like to know each of my chicks and that is difficult when I'm not home during the day and have that many....but, I'm learning
smile.png

Love your babies!!

I went to quality supply and got 4 black australorps, 4 black sex links, 4 gold sex links, 2 kacki campbell ducks, 2 black cayuga ducks, and 2 blue sweedish ducks! grrrr and I just have 34 chicks sent from ideal! ha ha!

I have a co-worker who bought 8 chicks from our local TSC that were supposed to be pullets. Everyone turned out to be a Roo. I wonder if anyone else has had this happen to them or if they actually got what they bought? This makes me leery of buying chicks from TSC.

Compared to other feed stores, i wasn't impressed at the care they were getting- the litter in the banty bin was soaked, and the little ones had no where to get out of it except the feed bin.... mine look like they are doing ok so far, except one has a bare bottom....

Many years ago I went to a local feed store and purchased a dozen chicks. I fed those babies, built a pen for them grew them up and darn if everyone of them didn't turn out to be roos. I'm not a meat bird person. If I've looked into its eyes and cared for it, I can't keel it. So I took all of those baby roos to the flea market and sold them to a man for a couple of dollars apiece. I was happy, he was ecstatic! He promptly took them to a house directly across the street from where I was and began to butcher them!
hit.gif

What I really think is that hatcheries want to make all of the money they possibly can and the majority of store orders around springtime are getting roos. They're saving the pullets for people who order straight pullets.
somad.gif

I think my odds of getting some pullets are better by hatching my own. May you be blessed with all pullets.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom