EEs, Do I have all roos?? PIC heavy

Bluebyrd

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 21, 2009
Puna, Hawaii
Here are my 5 week old EEs... Since the one I caught the one I thought for sure was a hen crowing this morning, I think theres a chance they could all be roos! Give me hope, please!

#1 - 99% sure its a roo, caught her crowing this am, but its hard to tell the black and white ones apart. so it could be mistaken identity, but its probably denial...

32059_athena_5_weeks_old_041.jpg

#2 - biggest redest comb
32059_artemis_5_weeks_old_026.jpg

Here are my girls??? Hopefully

#3 - Nope, she is a boy - he started crowing this morning
sad.png

32059_brownie_5_weeks_old_013.jpg

Now these two are my last hopes for girls!!!

#4-
32059_noname_5_weeks_old_034.jpg

32059_no_name45_weeks_old_056.jpg

32059_buffy_45_weeks_old.jpg

32059_buffy_iii_45_weeks_old_094.jpg

Last edited:
At this age the boys don't have jarge combs and wattles but they tend to be a little redder. I would also like to see their backs and whether they have any curvy hackles coming out toward the rump and sturdy sickle feathers starting to come into the tail.

Here is a mutt roo about 10-12 weeks old where you can see the hackles and sickles starting to develop.

EECrossRoo002.jpg

Last edited:
I think 1, 2 and 3 are Roos. The rest pullets. And EE's will never have wattles I do not believe, so that won't help for identification.

barnie.gif

For all those who suspected #3 of being a boy, you were right !! he was crowing this morning.

#4 does seem to have 3 lines on her comb although its hard to tell if its lines or just wide.

Man 3 roos out of 5 !! so far and I afraid there may be more!!!!

barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom